What are you watching? (TV & Movies)

I loved it, but I’m a Mr Show fan since forever, anything he does is gold for me!

3 Likes

@mota
I just started Shogun (new series) six episodes in
Wow, I was quite pleasantly surprised by just how good it is. Blown away.

7 Likes

I agree, it’s really well done, and the production values are really superior!

Mrs. mota, who didn’t see the original tv production or read Shogun (or any James Clavell), has had a difficult time following along with who’s who and what everyone’s relationship with others is or might be.

I, on the other hand, am thoroughly enjoying it, knowing the story and all.

5 Likes

I have it downloaded …wonder how is it different to the original :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

IMO, the new series is more fleshed out, and the production values are spectacular.
Osaka looks incredible in the new series. Much more detail overall.

2 Likes
1 Like

Read the book (shogun) and was tentative about the series, but man, it blew me away too.

Only complaint is they didn’t show how incredible dangerous and badass that wizened iron fist hiromatsu was. They did have one scene where he got pissy and everybody behind him put their hand on their sword hilt to do whatever he said, but in the book he’s just fucking ruthless.

Dude was basically lord toranaga’s right hand, bodyguard, general, and leader of a sword school, from what i recall. I’d almost throw assassin in there, even.

5 Likes
1 Like

I saw A good horror movie last night. Late Night with the Devil.
If demon possession is not your thing, this one is not for you. Scared the shit out of me.
Maybe because it reminded me of the 80’s and 90’s talk shows, like Springer and Morton Downey. I used to get A kick out of those. This movie is like that. It draws me in, and then slaps me in the face. Good stuff for horror fans.

3 Likes
3 Likes

currently watching snoop dogg on joe rogans podcast.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Just watched Longlegs last night at the theater with the wife. I thought it was pretty good. Nicolas cage is in it and he’s a nutcase. New horror doesn’t come close to old horror, this I know, but for a newer horror film I thought it was pretty good. Hail satan.

1 Like

When you ordered “Mad Max: Fury Road” off off Temu.

2 Likes

Very very good movie…I totally forgot about this flick…

3 Likes

Re-watching the 1st 3 movies-- they SAID the newest movie ‘Kingdom of…’’ was released streaming on the 9th… it wasn’t.
So now we wait…

And are now watching…

…again leading up to the latest season (4) we have not seen yet.

One thing about cognitive decline/memory issues- more viewing options because you tend to forget about half or more of what you already watched! :crazy_face: :+1: All good!

2 Likes

@Lady.Zandra63

Watched the Beekeeper last night. Pretty dam good. Much like the John Wick style movie. I liked it a lot.

3 Likes