What are you watching? (TV & Movies)

I really don’t watch many movies, but compared to the last ‘rockumentary drama’ I watched ( the doors) it was a plus for me. Well acted and scripted, sound was great, and mostly the details of an intense personal life was left to our imagination, fittingly so. The word ‘family’ and the real life connection to our journey was uplifting. IMO Queen only had one great hit, and public opinion (at the time) was very unwelcoming to a gay person, especially when they went disco. Despite the aids public opinion poll and all that, Freddie is considered the best rock singer ever. We listened to the whole Night at the opera album the next day in the ice hut and head banged and cried about the events which synched up Queens music with our lives. I got the chance to see Queen in T.O. (post Freddie) with Paul Rodgers as the vocalist a few years ago, an despite the complainers and critics, we saw a great show. Brian May did a solo version of ‘Love of my Life’ dedicated to Freddie, and that alone was a priceless moment in my life. Thanks @Pigeonman for giving me the opportunity to respond with these words. Respect to you, always!

1 Like

Ravi killed it in that movie . Dude can act. Started watching him in Mr.Robot . Was an excellent flic in my opinion @Cannasaurusrex

2 Likes

Just watched Champions, new Woody movie.

Formulamatic and obvious but I still liked it .

Cool story

really neat watching the buds swell at the end

3 Likes

This is a movie to check out… really good war flick

4 Likes

Outcast is the most cutthroat survivor game ever, no rules to the game…its a must watch for folks who love survival games shows…I have 3 more episodes to watch…

2 Likes

Holy shit, so freaking hilarious!! :joy: :rofl: :laughing:

1 Like

I saw your post yesterday and proceeded to watch the whole season! it was a pretty good watch. I like survivor adventure shows

1 Like

The Oliver Stone one with Val Kilmer?

I have 1 episode left to watch…I hope they will have a 2nd. season…

Yeah that’s the one, IMO dwelled too much on the negative aspects of Jim’s life, and was thouroughly depressing. The comments from other members of the Doors were similar critique of too little emphasis on the good times and their effect on American culture. We all know how both Jims’ and Freddies’ story ended, but I thought BR ended exactly where it should have, the pinnacle of Stardom. I don’t think many of us want to be remembered by our death…

1 Like

At this very moment…

Mr. Mom’n it today. Lol. :+1:

:v::heart:

I read Ray Manzarek’s autobiography and he blasts that movie and Stone multiple times throughout for inaccuracy and painting thing in a completely different light. I actually love the movie but it’s almost complete fiction.

Fun fact though- Kilmer was amped about getting the role and asked Stone something about singing and was told they would be using actual Morrison recordings and Val would lipsync. Val showed up a few days later with a cassette tape and told Stone “there’s 5 Doors songs on here. I’m singing 3 of them and the other two are Jim. If you can tell me which is which I’ll never bring it up again and I’ll lipsync them”. Stone listened and admitted he couldn’t tell which were which and said Val could sing in the movie. Val then told him all 5 songs were him :laughing: Still got to sing!

3 Likes
1 Like

PINK FLOYD THE WALl

2 Likes

I think the last time I watched that was over a decade ago. I had ingested quite a bit of fungi. The flower morphing had me absolutely tripping.
:astonished:

1 Like

Pink Floyd is the very best group of musicians in the history of music. Period.
Then comes the mighty Led Zeppelin. But Pink Floyd will always be #1.

2 Likes

when i came out in the theaters i saw it 4 times once trippin once drunk once high as f$%k and once straight…

the time trippin we were at a pizza place havin a pitche rof beer and a friend stopped by to say high and threw a bunch of microdots in the pitcher whata movie each time was different using a different party favor

1 Like

to bad they went so far left like springsteen did…if im gonna pay that much for a show i really dont want to hear about their political venting

but did see the pinkest of floyd at foxboro stadium up in massachusettes the old stadium where the patriots played in 86 or 87 most i ever paid for a concert ticket at that point $100 awsome show the parking lot was a field next to the stadium or should i saw the tailgate party…lol

1 Like

It’s mostly Roger Waters who went nutso.
I saw Pink Floyd in 1975 in Germany. They were still doing the DSOTM album in it’s entirety. Perfect concert.

1 Like