What are you watching? (TV & Movies)

yeah i know i did see gilmore in a small beach side venue a few years ago was pretty good mostly acustic

1 Like

That’s close but I gotta go with Zep or Sabbath as #1. Grandfathers of metal. Floyd easily takes third though.

Jerry Cantrell from Alice In Chains (my favorite band which is different from the best band) has been called the David Gilmour of grunge.

That would be amazing.

2 Likes

@anonymous4289 Yea The Mick was decent, Kaitlin couldn’t carry the whole show on her own though & the 2 young adults had zero charisma. Just Kaitlin & the kid were funny. The boyfriend was ‘alright’ could have been way better.

Has anyone on here seen the British show “Peep Show”. Any good worth watching?

2 Likes

I agree with first two statements…. Floyd I’d keep in top 5 but not 3rd. :grinning: just my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I miss read this while tired as: “PINK FLOYD’s THE WALL-E”

2 Likes

I disagree. Zeppelin is not metal at all. More Electric Blues. Sabbath??? Agreed. There’s no one like Ozzy. But Pink Floyd is now and will forever be the best ever, in my opinion.
Check out the live performance of Comfortably Numb at the Pulse concert. Then report back.

1 Like

They aren’t, but they inspired it. It’s like how them and the Stones were influenced by Delta Blues players - a sound born out of a different sound with a heavy debt owed to the original despite being different genres. Although there are examples that cross the line. Immigrant Song is metal as hell and Dazed and Confused could have easily been a Sabbath song with that slow plodding doomy tempo. Kashmir has a pretty metal ambience to it too.

1 Like

OZZY IS A GOD…and i think there may be an opening for st hood

2 Likes

trailer_park_boys-410374848-large

2 Likes
2 Likes

Had a screening for this movie last night. It was a good movie.

2 Likes

Just watched this one again…fucking brilliant.

1 Like

Completely and exactly lol zeppelin was not “heavy metal” as typically defined… but heavy metal would sound a lot worse if not for zeppelin and sabbath. … in my personal opinion.

2 Likes

Agree … even if only on the grounds of his absolute devotion to his fans. My entire musical influence started with Ozzy. At least as far as my own purchases. Grew up on my parents vinyl before buying my own. First purchase was “Paranoid”

1 Like

Omg, great flick!
I cant to this day hear Stuck in the Middle with You without picturing Michael Madsen dancing around and cutting dudes ear off, lol.
Classic Tarantino directing.

4 Likes

Same, lol.
speaking of Tarantino.

I’ve been wanting to rewatch Hostel 1 and 2 (maybe 3) for a while now. It was strangely available on Hulu or Netflix for only a week… not sure why it became unavailable…

I didn’t even know there was a third.
Wait, aren’t those the sick mind of Eli Roth?

Edit: Yeah the first two are. Thirds a no-name.
That’s probably why I didn’t know about it, lol.
Did u see Knock Knock with Keanu Reeves?

1 Like

yeah, eli roth. only 1 and 2 were tarantino produced, 3rd one wasn’t as good.

No wait, that’s not right. Tarantino has or is only making ten films. And those aren’t two of em.

1 Like