What are your rarest or oldest seeds/clones in the collection?

Zamal Hash
La Portela

2 Likes

Hard to say I’ve been collecting for seeds awile, some I can think of atm
old sensi seeds super skunk.
Kona gold from the 70s
Red hair sensi from Mexico
Panama red
Punto rojo
Cabeca de negro
Eastern Manipur burma
North Indian red stem
Lolab valley kashmir
Malana cream
Kc brains
Black domina ( from USA not overseas)
Original mk ultra release
In regards to older clone only strains I still hold blue dream, ghost og, 92og , bubba kush, aj sour diesal and super lemon haze

If you want something rare get the Jamaican long time weed from the landrace team , there was a big study done and it’s the only verifiable Jamaican landrace left and is not being grown by anybody I can think of outside of the mtn people of Jamaica and a cannabis enthusiast at a university in Kingston.

31 Likes

96 sensi super skunk
06 sour diesel v3 reservoir seeds
08 chem dd rez
09 chem 99 rez
08 Apollo 11 x Cindy 99 head seeds
Maybe 2012 deep chunk x Cindy 99 cannacopia
2012 witches weed dutchgrown
Just from memory have heaps In fridge ,should start popping some
Also a film cannister of seeds from bags I found seeds in that were great ,back from the 80s but never were kept properly and the days when names meant nothing

18 Likes

Challenge accepted :smirk:

12 Likes

The write up from the Landrace Team does sound intriguing

2 Likes

Already messaged them about it. Looks like $180 for 10 pack

6 Likes

Very cool! There aren’t many offerings for this one, I’ve only seen a couple from the same source, delicorganic. Was there any info on HCG’s or where they sourced it? I tried their site but it’s pretty bare

In spirit of the thread, I don’t have a lot but I picked up RSC’s kalamta red and I have a 1978 grandpappy skunk from jade nectar that is supposed to have some interesting history behind it

4 Likes

Bring them out! We’d love to see some grows of that or I bet you could find some folks willing to do germination and repros if you made a thread offering whatever you can spare, if there’s more than you think you’ll get to. Sounds like you’ve got a fridge full of the good stuff from OG 1.0 and other early 2000s forums!

7 Likes

Yes overpriced in my opinion but legit, I’ve got a few of there offerings though. If you do decide to get those they would make a great candidate for a preservation run. If anybody wanted to do a group buy I’d be happy to contribute. They tested over 60 samples in the first Jamaican cannabis cup and they identified the longtime weed as a true landrace , everybody else who submitted samples already had hybrids. Not to say some old timers in the hills don’t still have them but they will most likely be fewer and fewer as time goes on.
Also it should be noted it’s a very long flowering variety , I grew some 20+ week Burmese and it’s challenging.

16 Likes

Great movie I watched it, real nice. I can see how much the World has changed since those times. I do not think I would have the guts to go way down into the interior of Mexico like that crew did now. It seemed dangerous even then.Very interesting documentary.

3 Likes

Only because this is truly Landrace, it could help birth new unseen genitcs into the modern strains. Obviously after Preservation…

It is a steep price as well. But in 10yrs will there be any Landrace at all? What’s the price of that?

I did have my own Transkei but I’ve givin it away sadly.

10 Likes

I’m not sure how many land races will be left in there native lands as time goes by, but hopefully as many as possible are preserved in the hands of people who see the value in them.

6 Likes

1972 South Korea from @oldhippy

Very honored to have & want to open pollinate them.

:evergreen_tree:

21 Likes

@Heritagefarms

Landrace team replied, they want 190 EUROS + 20 Euros for shipping and tracking, that’s $274.00 + shipping. Pffffftttttt. Nope.

13 Likes

Everything HCG has came from his pops who were both like us lot, passionate about cannabis genetics and then seeing where all the crossing of genetics by selectively breeding traits was taking the game. So his dad traveled the world back in the 70s and 80s and collected seeds from their source, so the Greek Kalamata Red came from someone growing it in Greece at the time. He ended up dying from cancer and his son started reproducing these landraces at HCG to keep the legacy alive. Happened to live in a neighboring city to me in the same state I live in and we hooked up through forums/messaging apps. I made it a point to try and get my hands on as much of his collection as I could.

My 73 Durban goes somewhere like 25-30 weeks, the 70 Columbian Gold is somewhere right around there too. I’ve made some crosses with the 73 Durban, Highland Nepalese, and Pakistani Chitral Kush and my Ice Cream Cake #5 so far but my big dream is to use these to make new crosses that start with two landrace genetics and find lost terps/cannabinoids we haven’t seen in decades :grin:

21 Likes

The great thing the movie spotlights is we learned our lesson on collecting wild hemp. We all did the exact same thing, we cut down veg plants and thought it would form into buds lol

1975 I was learning to grow, 77 I had it mastered using rabbit manure, eggshells, bone meal and wood ashes.

Great movie for sure, we loved being sneaky both young and old back in them days. Farmers were feared by stoners. They would use salt shotgun shells and they had no problem shooting stoners with it.

I’ve got Coots The One x Greengeens 1979 Maui. I’m actually going to grow them outdoors this year.

Thinking about adding a Nevil strain to it. 3 legacy in one strain.

13 Likes

Hello,
no rare seeds here
but some old clones around :

uk cheese
ecsd / sour diesel ibl (riri)
bubba kush (katsu)
amnesia
chronic (abonney)
bubblegum (slard/hydrotechnik)
critical mass bilbo
bandaid haze7
happy bro
sage n sour (söze)
cerise (exo-plank)

sadly i had to throw a lot into garbage last years because of that horrible hplvd thing,
like spg, sweet skunk, chocolope (one of my all time fav :/), gsc and many many others…
i noticed that maybe some people here use tissue culture, i wonder if that can help restore genetics hit by viroïd nightmare or not, i’ve heard that meristem culture may work, but i’m not competent and don’t have a lab to do this ^^

14 Likes

Wow, a lot of crazy stuff in people’s collections. I can’t say I have anything that compares, mostly just limited release Bodhi stuff from the last few years, and packs that people talk about like they’re rare, but maybe aren’t all that rare? I was pretty late to the game so nothing all that crazy. I’ve been trying to repro things but am limited to about two per year, maybe by the time I’m done some of these packs will be crazy rare.

9 Likes

Vietnam Black from the early 70’s or late 60’s…got the seeds from my Vietnam veteran buddy…also have these.

Skunk #1
NYCD
C99
Etc…

22 Likes

You heard right, it works. That’s the only way I know of to remove a virus from a plant, but it’s tricky, and to have to done isn’t cheap. I’ve dabbled with TC a bit, and I wouldn’t even attempt a meristem culture. BUT, if you’re interested in that, or any other TC options, our own @SCJedi is the man to talk to about it. He’s got the training, and he’s got a lab. :slight_smile:

TC can also restore vigor to an old cut/line. I admit, I’m not clear on what’s actually happening behind the scenes, but it’s a documented effect of the process. :v:
:guitar:

18 Likes