What are your rarest or oldest seeds/clones in the collection?

My collection is new because I had to start over, but I’m excited to run the Metal Haze I got last year from Bodhis repro drop. Wish i coulda grabbed the Zap! as well, but funds were limited.

11 Likes

Well, thank you.

I’m always willing to dig up information about uncommon varieties, anyone can tag me anytime with a challenge :wink:

The quote above is from 2015, I think the person copy/pasted text into a translator. My phone will turn everything to French or English as I surf the web. Easy!

4 Likes

Dont know how rare they are. But i just landed 3 packs of UGORG blues for an absolute steal. Ive been searching for this strain for a few years and believe its been out of stock since 2015.

8 Likes

Got these that were picked from their sources (minus the desert snow CBG)

Greek Kalamata Red - Hippie Cannabis Genetics (supposedly 7th rarest cultivar out there according to some website?)
Dank Zappa
Alice in Wonderland
UBC Chemo F2 2019
Crocketts Tangie
Master Thais Romulan IBL
Bodhi Lazy Lightning
Bodhi Cheech Wizard
Bodhi Acapulco Gold
Bodhi Mother’s Milk F2 (about to be donated to a friend)

24 Likes

Good strains.,

1 Like

Have you ever ran any of the Waipio Hapa? I’m from O’ahu so that stood out to me

6 Likes

Not yet, but it’s very high on my list. It looks like a really good compliment to my current project.

9 Likes

I would say my absolute rarest are breeder only strains I have purchased, or collaboration projects… I have several strains that are a collaboration between myself and other breeders…so just myself and the collaborator have them…I got one I want to name sequoia…:wink::thinking::sunglasses:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

Well when that goes down I’m excited to see it

1 Like

HBK made an award winning cross with Lavender x gsc lime pheno called Chille Verde, i grew clone sadly lost the hbk cut…purple sativa structure and tasted straight up chile spice. 1 fam complained lol. it got sweeter after month cure. great for stomach. guess it had tons of that carophylen i cant spell.
oh my point was u can make a nice cross

7 Likes

My favorite in my vault would have to be my older 90’s trainwreck cut from back in the days, also my tony Clifton seeds. I grew them once and they are very slow veggers. I’m hoping to bring some nice Ogkb stuff out in the future.

4 Likes

I have 70s Colombian Gold. Probably as rare as it gets lol. It’s a 24 week flowering time.

I’m sending seeds in to be worked up through genomics sequencing.
I want to make sure what’s left is preserved forever.

15 Likes

I’m seeking out baalbek lebanese hash plants. Dying to get my hands on them. In the 70s it was measured 30% THC and extremely resinous.
Like a milky-way, stringy resinous content. It was used to make Acapulco Gold.

I use to breed Ozark Gold in the 70s.
It was sold to the east and west coast and they were getting arrested and busted trying to get Ozark Gold to the east and west coast.

We stabilized the Acapulco Gold in the Ozarks, in Arkansas and Missouri. And we bred the Columbia Gold color ones into the Acapulco Gold.

The Texas pipeline sent it to the Midwest. We started breeding them in-between dry spells waiting for more. All documented in 1971, in the movie Acapulco Gold 1973. It started filming in 1971.

The Midwest Skunk was wild everywhere, Missouri was over taken by wild Cannabis in the 70s.

Check out that movie when you get time. :100::dove:

29 Likes

I hope you will excuse the hubris of a new parent, but the rarest and most unusual seeds I’ve ever handled are the Feminized Frankenstein S1 seeds I made that are just now hitting the dirt for the first time ever.

I admit to shameless self promotion, LoL, but here’s the full story.

Frankie’s Daughters: Unpacking a Frozen Genome

Does a strain that was worked into a unique cultivar back in the late 1990s, then survived as “clone-only” plants for several decades only to re-appear as Feminized seeds last month count as rare?

There should be loads of Fem Frankie seeds coming from a few other growers soon, and I have been asked not to distribute mine on OG until those arrive. So, for now these are only in use by a small group working with me.

Best regards to all,
-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

15 Likes

Bought around 2000 from Gypsy Nirvana!
2 beans left! :laughing:

33 Likes

“Good lid man, good lid.”

The brick sequence is one of the reasons I wanted to grow Mexican sativas becuase hot damn the shit they were smoking in the film looks so shit that if they still wanted more after that leaf and stem filled experience I need to try this if done properly!.

They weren’t wrong. :mexico: Landraces = :exploding_head:

10 Likes

Probably the rarest/oldest pack I have.

Other notables
-JAWS Green Crack x FPOG from 2016
-Rare Dankness Ox and Flo-OG
-Coastal Holy Crack
-Moxie Krypto Cookies
-Mosca Diesel Moonshine
-Snowhigh Blueberry Blast
-Bodhi Lucky God, Green Lotus, Prayer Tower Sativa, TT NL6 x Appalachia, Blue Sunshine, Stardawg Guava x SSDD, Wolf Pack, Cobra Lips, Mountain Temple, Blueberry Hill, Star Flight Guava, Black Lotus
-MOB x Crocketts Blood Orange by Cecil C

15 Likes

I’m excited for you as well Grouchy, and Congrats on pulling it through.

1 Like

The more I notice myself becoming more interested in cannabis collectibles I can’t help but think that even the original packaging sans seeds from the legendary varieties will be desired. Thank you for sharing this blast from the past. Much love

4 Likes

A few old BOEL seeds that I cant get to sprout.
The Hawaiian that did sprout.

Royal Kush 7 cut

Durban Kwazulu Natal
Uzbeki pure

15 Likes