What brand of nutrients?

I use Gaia Green dry amendments. It’s simple and easy to use. Plus it’s not like I use it often. I tend to use it more for “TLO” teas & to also to help re-ammend my soil mixture. I did end up getting stuck with a brand new bottle of “Emerald Goddess liquid nutes” anyone use it? What are ur thoughts? Also if anyone wants to buy it from me I’d definitely be interested in trades/selling it. It cost me $50+ and now I just have it stored in my dark room! Lol

3 Likes

I edited the first paragraph in that post above to change Bloom to Micro and spell out more of my feeding.

3 Likes

I just looked that 2-part over and PArt B is nothing but calcium nitrate so you’re just getting a huge dose of N and Ca from that.

They only seem to have 25lb bags too and I’d never use it up. Plus it would cost more than the product for shipping as I’m pretty sure that can’t go thru the post office. Purolator charged me $69 to ship 1lb of sodium thiosulphate from Ont to N. Alberta. The thio was $22. lol

I used this stuff Nature’s Living supersoil concentrate and it works well, I did also need to use some bottled nutes during the grow but they were big and happy plants.

1 Like

BE breakdown. Loads of K.

The GLN calmag is high in N for the amount of Ca it provides.
5428ad7a0b90d9029f66ddf74ad4565424192a96_1_380x500

@LabRat
The MC PartA formula is a very close clone of Jacks 5-12-26 PartA.

Both use calnit as PartB.

5 Likes

I use the fox farm dirty dozen liquid nutes… They work very well with my plants when used… most of the time it is just h20. When I do feed them I use a quarter of recommended dose per gallon.

you can also add a bit of Thiamine HCL and you have a lifetime supply of homemade MOAB aka “Mother of all Blooms” for you and all of your friends and family at a fraction of the price

4 Likes

Yuuuup. MOAB is relatively cheap by hydro store standards, but it really is just a vitamin and MKP, and I’d be willing to bet the MKP does 98% of the work haha.

2 Likes

my buddy used this one some of his plants and is seeing great results. too expensive for my tastes though.

Mix up 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 earthworm castings or compost and 1/3 pumice. For every 7.5 gallons of that mix add:

1/2 - 1 cup Neem or Karanja
1/2 - 1 cup Kelp
1/2 - 1 cup Crab/Crustacean meal
1 cup MBP (Malted Barley Powder)

1/2 cup Gypsum (nice sulphur source)
4-6 cups Basalt (rock dust)
6-8 cups Biochar

You can even skip the malted barley powder and biochar, I don’t have any in my current mix.

The most important thing is the EWC/compost third of this mix. You don’t want the crap they sell at Home Depot or most gardening centers. I dunno wear you live, but if you can find Agrowinn EWC, those are really good castings. I have to get a local landscaping company to order them for me, but it’s worth it. And they’re only like $30 for a cubic foot (7.5 gallons). Alternatively, you could get Bu’s Blend compost (Malibu Compost) if you’re on the west coast. I’ve read that people on the east coast like Coast of Maine lobster compost.

The second-most important thing is the rock dust. Basalt is the best, for a variety of reasons that I won’t get into here.

This is a soil mix I’ve used for years that’s completely organic and you can keep using it over and over, with maybe a re-amend every other grow, depending on if you grow no-till or not (I don’t). It’s also pretty much water-only. Occasionally, I’ll water with some fulvic acid or aloe or coconut, a malted barley top dress here and there, but I’ve also not used any of that and gotten great results. Maybe I might brew a kelp meal tea once or twice a grow, too. But that’s it. Never bought any “nutrients” to use in my grows because I don’t need them. They’re all already in the soil!

7 Likes

yea its literally a $40 bag of shit. I live in a condo and I got a small patio but I don’t wanna make soil out there, it’ll stink neighbors will complain etc.

One $40 bag fills like 6 5 gals, so its not too bad.

We all have room for improvement no matter . Happy growing

15.70 on the shipping to the Ak

I too, dont do nute changes or check my ph or tds…I use Chicago water right outa the tap.

4 Likes

Used GH for years rdwc dwc and a little drain to waste. They fucked me on a 1L bad bottle of floranectar and I’m not a fan of the company or current ownership.

Just bought a remo nutrients mini supercharged kit for $40 cdn to try out. Anybody else running remo? Made in Canada and family owned by a guy that loves the plant. If I’m paying for overpriced bottles of water I might as well support the little guy and not some evil corporation.

Trying it out in sunshine mix now in a side by side with my usual gh stuff. Same cut. The remo plants look better.

3 Likes

I’ve been using these for 17+ yrs. and this kit was only $39 on Amazon…

9 Likes

Your plants look amazing.
I have a gromie that’s all he uses with great results. He gives me the little clone gel that comes in that box.

1 Like

I have had multiple people tell me their clone gel is the best on the market.

2 Likes

I’m using foxfarm dirty dozen, when the bottles run empty I’m going to switch to the 2 part mega crop and a little cal mag here and there. I hear good things about mega crop, although most of it I’m assuming was about their one part line.

2 Likes

I never tried it, I always use my cheapo aero cloner

1 Like