What brand of nutrients?

I don’t always use a hormone but I’ve been using hardware store Bontone powder recently and it’s definitely shaving several days off. Used to use Dip n Grow but disliked mixing the liquid for just 1-2 clones at a time, so I often skipped it. Dip n Grow is the business though, 2 hormones (NAA and IBA) instead of the usual just IBA.

Exactly! I have the one part after they changed the formula, didn’t know they changed it up when I purchased a third bag.
It’s good for veg, but in flower?

1 Like

I have no clue I just got 25 lb bags of each from word of mouth. Thought was it would last me, and I read that people were dosing high on the one part megacrop. I have yet to use it, but actually have 11 plants I am going to start in the second week of veg and figure out how useful the stuff is. Price was right.

I have been using the dirty dozen line for a year and decided to switch it up…

1 Like

I can’t sit still! I use three different nutrients thru out. The plants seem to respond well to the different ratios of npk and macros changing day to day.

1 Like

A bag of certified organic soil and some horse manure will hold you over just fine for an entire grow cycle. Add banana peels, dandelion & nettles, thistles, tree leaves, grassclippings, kitchen scraps and whatever other weeds and organic matter you can find in your garden, by the side of the road, or in a field. Weeds with deep taproots contain the most minerals. Dig up some worms and add them to your pots.

Chop and mix it all up, sow straight into the pot. I use two groups of pots, one with covercrops like alfalfa, clover or beans (these are nitrogen fixers AKA green manure), while the other group is growing bud. Come harvest you chop down the covercrops too and leave it in the pots to make the nitrogen and minerals available again to the soil and the next bud you’ll sow, plus that layer of mulch retains moisture. Then sow cover crops in the pots you just grew bud in, and keep cycling them.

Fuck buying shit you don’t need. Did a rainforest ever need bottled nutrients? But if you love throwing your money away for shit that makes your plants absorb more water, retained by the extra fiber it grows, creating the illusion that you have a higher yield, go ahead. :upside_down_face: Quality over quantity.

Don’t be just another nute bitch, have some faith in that which created us humans and the unfathomable diversity that makes up the entire universe: nature.

(And read about permaculture if you wanna know more, don’t trust anyone, including me.)

2 Likes

Does anyone use Dyna Gro?

1 Like

I’ve been very impressed with remo the plants have responded to it incredibly well. Ease of use is great as well.

Would recommend 100%

Coming from the piss guy.

2 Likes

No offense, but I’ve seen your plant photos…think I’ll stay a “nute bitch”.

3 Likes

Piss and used tampons.

But we’re the silly ones.

6 Likes

chef exquisite

When using Megacrop, do you guys only use Calmag when visibly needed, or do you occasionally supplement with it regardless?

Hard to find Megacrop unless you’re interested in a family-sized bag :grin:

2 Likes

Megacrop is over 7% Ca and almost 3% Mg. Doubtful you’ll need any calmag supplement even with very soft water.

3 Likes

With fear of backlash…lol. Miracle grow does an awsome job, and hard to find anything cheaper.

4 Likes

Neptune’s Harvest for me. Good soil shouldn’t need much more than the soil itself.

1 Like

My friend bigun uses miracle grow and a bud booster he does grow monsters

I went from everything in a bottle to subs super soil

Note out of the bottle the best was Texas tomato fertilizer
Only thing in a bottle I keep around is cal mag and humic acids and kelp juice

I now feel iv found the right mix I use pro mix as a soil ( no nutritional value at all) and I feed every time with jacks
Like @ifish said 2/1/1 , 1/3/3 , 1/2/6
It’s all about the NPK ratio

And a little tweak here or there

Great results
Also cheap to use

Paps

6 Likes

That’s where I am at. Miracle grow and a bit of big Bud. Not really sure I need the big Bud, but it is a mental thing :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Miracle Grow works just fine. I use it for my veggie garden and I know people who use it for cannabis with good results.

They don’t even bother with separate veg and bloom formulas.

All the best.

3 Likes

Back in the day, I even used miracle grow with added micro nutes in my hydro and worked awsome.

1 Like

I was reading Their website that the NPK value is
18 /18/21( spring time ) This is great for the veg stage all the way up to the beginning of flowering stage but by week 3 after flip you need something with a higher ratio of P and k and much less n
Like 1/3/3. Npk ( summer ) Weeks 3 throu 7
Then 1/2/6 npk ( fall ) weeks 7.5 or 8 till finish
I don’t even flush I just lower ppm’s

I keep playing with the booster my self I use a 0/50/30

5 Likes