What breeders nail their descriptions?

I’ve been pleasantly surprised by certain breeders and how accurately they describe their stains, or how aptly named a strain is.

Who do you trust to describe the profile of their strains? And even further, who are some of the better ones at describing the plant and their needs?

I recently got a clone of apples and bananas, and I’ll be damned if the stem rub doesn’t smell like some apple banana cobbler. It’s glorious!

6 Likes

TNSB gets a bad rep but I grew a northern lights that was exactly as advertised. Finishing time etc. Even the picture was dead on.

2 Likes

I haven’t grown them personally, but In house genetics and their plants are on point…
Never seen one complain. not here, not on reddit…
The one seed bank which ships IHG to my country has some bad rep, the ones I trust doesn’t carry their seeds…
It’s a conundrum…

1 Like

BOG was the man…

8 Likes

Dynasty/Relic. Useful Seeds. KOS (the rev). Great descriptions.

2 Likes

There should be a “description awards” to encourage better, more in depth descriptions. I submit the KOS “Blue Rhino 1947” description at JBC Seeds or on the KOS website kingdomorganicseeds.com as one of the best descriptions I have come across lately. The Rev is a writer, so that helps his descriptions and I like that he describes the effects and the selection process etc.

1 Like

Professor P and Duke Diamond give accurate info. They both put out great stuff! I also really like that Duke gives info on the best way to grow a certain variety and what it likes/doesn’t like.

5 Likes

@Reefer Great topic!

I am fascinated by the range of effects/experiences/feels from body to mind and linking these to cannabinoid and terpene profiles. The holy grail, right? Dial in your mood like a God.

The best take I’ve come across on conceptualizing strains by effects is Kevin Jodrey’s:

Fuel - aggressive, change in tone
Earth - body high
Fruit - uplifting
Floral - introspective

Eg:

4 Likes

Bodhi is pretty damn exceptional at it, but Useful always blows my mind, when he says it smells like something there’s no question, same with taste and what to expect. Dynasty is pretty bang on as well as Schwaggy P. I never saw a thing from him that wasn’t 100% BANG ON!

4 Likes

Never seen this, very cool! Thank you

3 Likes

I know that not everyone digs autos, but Mephisto is really good about telling the story behind their strains. They go into a lot more detail than most breeders I’ve encountered. Here’s one example:

Be sure to expand the Project Introduction and Overview, and Strain Behaviour and Structure sections. Into the Weeds provides a concise description

5 Likes

Autos have their place just like photos do, and more people are running autos, which is good to see.

1 Like