What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 2)

straight scarfed the original down. Here’s another of its likeness

7 Likes

i forgot to take a pic halfway through eating. this is some smoked chicken thigh with a bunch of homemade hot giardiniera ( pickled jalapenos, celery and garlic) on the side.

IMG_0432

14 Likes

Yes it is! Love this stuff…

1 Like

No, i was eating at an asian imbiss/snack bar

2 Likes

Very potent brownie cubes…

17 Likes

Breakfast today will be Berkeley Bowl bulk vanilla/almond granola over Nancy’s honey yogurt. Quick and delicious. My morning appetite builder was Afgoo.

12 Likes

Baked potato :potato: :yum:

13 Likes

Used to make it…kind of a ain in the butt to work with-- but SOOOO worth it!..

2 Likes

Wow…impressive!!! GoodDuck-or ANY Duck for that matter, is kind of rare these days!

Banana bread, except in muffin form.

12 Likes

a big giant yes to banana bread muffins, yum

2 Likes

El Supa Burrito pork carnitas, steak with extra tomato, onion and cilantro
:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum:
thumbnail_20221207_131713

17 Likes

You saw my breakfast earlier. Dinner tonight will be a reverse seared rib eye, baked russet with sour cream and chives, and brussel sprouts. The steak is a little thinner than I like (it’s about an inch thick), but you can see it’s fairly well marbled. The butcher’s counter was busy, so I took the nicest looking one in the display. I normally shop early, when the store first opens. Not so many folks waiting for flesh at that hour, so I feel more comfortable having the butcher custom cut me a rib eye about 1 1/2 inch’s thick. BTW, this will be a pan sear rather than grilling it. That steak will also be my lunch tomorrow.

15 Likes

Oh maaaaaan…that is a beautiful steak!
Our 1st real local butcher shop opened here recently, but haven’t been in yet—
Really can’t afford $14-$18 a lb for 3 people… Our daughter is a vegetarian, so one less to buy, but still…SERIOUSLY considered raising our own…looking at buying a beef quarter from one of our Amish Neighbors next year!!

4 Likes

Never reverse seared a steak this thin. Cookbooks say it should be at least half an inch thicker. We’ll see, cuz I’m pretty much committed now. Or maybe I should be committed. The wife often expresses sentiments reminiscent of that. Out loud. Sometimes in public. HA!

IMO raising your own is the best way. I live in the city now, but when I lived in the country I certainly raised and butchered my own animals. Personally, I’d feel as confident of meat raised by the Amish as I would if I had raised it. Oh hell yes, all this food talk. Gotta go.

3 Likes

butternut squash and sweet potato soup with roasted cherry tomatoes white beans and sweet peppers on top

14 Likes

Just out the oven shot with not a bite gone. Now there’s not much left. It’ll be a thinner beef sandwich tomorrow than I had thought. It was simply a thinner hunk o’ flesh than I normally buy.

I mentioned that some online cookbook said this piece of meat is too thin to properly reverse sear. HA! That was a perfectly cooked steak. I lowered the initial oven temperature to 200F due to thinness, whereas I normally low cook thicker steaks at 225F. No other change in procedure. When the interior temp was 115F, I seared each side for about 30 seconds. You can see, pretty freakin’ perfect medium rare, my preference, with a nice crispy sear. No need for the meat to rest! It was delicious!

15 Likes

Onion crisp baked chicken with mozzarella and marinara smash…

14 Likes

Cheesy beef enchiladas.

21 Likes

Breakfast spring rolls

I call it Springhenge.

22 Likes