What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 2)

Bratwurst is the best-wurst!

I didnā€™t notice the date printed on the jar of cabbage until after eating. Iā€™m sure cabbage canā€™t go bad, or at least get any worse. Right?

If I donā€™t post for a while we will all know why.

12 Likes

17 Likes

:yum: budderd sugar cookiesā€¦

13 Likes

Christmukkah festivities. Matzoh ball soup!

11 Likes

Thatā€™s some comfort food. Itā€™s a mitzvah!

2 Likes

Tonight it was Persian take out for the Mrs. and myself. The kabob is onion, green bell pepper and filet mignon. The rice is shirin polo. Itā€™s a rice pilaf with golden raisins, sliced almonds, sliced pistachios, slivered carrot and orange marmalade. Itā€™s pretty sweet, which is right in my wheelhouse. And a roast tomato.

When I was a child in single digits, my favorite restaurant was a Persian place, Ali Babaā€™s. What I
remember is I loved the kebobs and the rice at that place. I think this is the rice I loved so much as a child, and the kebob is very similar too. It was very exciting the first time I had it. I seriously love this entire meal, even if it is take out, each and every time I have it!

12 Likes

Simple homemade healthy mealā€¦

15 Likes

You should be fineā€¦kraut doesnā€™t really go bad unless processed wrongā€¦it is fermented on purposeā€¦and the salt or vinegar protects itā€¦usually that date means ā€œbest byā€ā€¦then the flavor/texture slowly changes after thatā€¦I have run a couple commercial kitchensā€¦had to take classes on that to pass health certification. :ok_hand: :+1:

2 Likes

i donĀ“t know,if they sell Marzipan Kartoffeln(Potatoes) in this shop or other BakeryĀ“sā€¦honestly i do not like Marzipan that much .
i know,they sell it in Crocery Storesā€¦

ā€¦i never heard of the ones,You had in Schweinfurt back then. maybe itĀ“s a local style,we donĀ“t know in my neck of the woods.

Happy Christmas

6 Likes

as long as the lid is flat(not inflatet),you should be fine :wink:

2 Likes

I love marzipan in small amountsā€¦ loved the pink pigs! LoL!
Yes-they may have been something they came up with for the shopā€¦ as Iā€™ve never found them onlineā€¦

2 Likes

In Korea, people continue to find kimchi (Korean sour kraut) in large crocks that were buried prior to and during the early years of WWII. It remains As @saxo says, as long as the lid is secure and flat on the containerā€™s top so nothing can get in, youā€™re good to go consuming the kraut.

8 Likes

iĀ“m not an Kraut expert,soā€¦
maybe koreans eat that WW2 kraut(and i guess,itĀ“s a gourmet thing there),but i would not try it,no matter how the lid looks :grinning:

2 Likes

I believe Kimchi is Koreaā€™s national food, if there is such a thing. Itā€™s really the peopleā€™s food - inexpensive to make, long lasting (obviously) and tasty (if one likes it). Depending on how hungry I was, even I might eat it, and I am so not a fan.

3 Likes

This morning this stoner ate blue huckleberry pancakes with maple syrup. They were delicious! (The syrup has not been added in the photo.) Yep, the blue ones bleed red. :slight_smile:

I prefer red huckleberries, but donā€™t believe Iā€™ve ever seen them for sale in any market. I know them primarily from logging in the PNW. They tend to grow effusively at the edge of clear cuts, and I would absolutely pig out whenever I found them at the base of a setting. The other place I know them from is kind of related. Just west of the tiny town of Naselle, WA, on Highway 4, there was a roadside restaurant. I donā€™t recall its name. There was a woman there who personally made in excess of 3,000 pies a year. She was a serious badass pie maker. So consistently perfect, both crust and filling. When she could get them, sheā€™d make red huckleberry pies as long as the berries lasted. Iā€™d be in absolute pig heaven. That said, these blue huckleberry pancakes were, once again, delicious!

8 Likes

What is the drink?

1 Like

Iā€™ve worked in the grocery industry over half my life, I will second what the lady has said. This isnā€™t a kill you by date, its a best by date. After that date on the biscuits? They just wont fluff up as much. Produce? Its not gonna be as crisp. Bakery Product, its gonna be dry. Any other product, the flavor might be affected. You have a bit of time to use up the product. Meat? Iā€™m freezing a day after that date if not cooking it up.

4 Likes

Slackinā€™ todayā€¦too busy cleaning and dealing with snow/frozen doors to do much bakingā€¦

So I used a 1:1 Barracuda Bar to make myself a batch of fudge!!
I am a serious light weight on THCā€¦ and by time you break those tiny little pieces in half or thirds-- you havenā€™t got even enough to taste it!
So-- I melted it down with some other chocolate and made a whole batch of fudge-- and since I know what all is in it-I know the exact dose! (Something I have trouble with)

I also made the filling for my Buckeyes and have it in the fridgeā€¦ will roll them later, dip them in chocolate tomorrow after I make my caramels so I can dip both.

What Yā€™all making for Holiday Goodies? :santa:

5 Likes

Thank you all for the concern. I lived :grin:

Made some banana bread muffins today.

Unrelated, do any non-canadians have these in their localities?

These cookies are chronically delicious.

14 Likes

Just made some crock pot canna butter.
2 Oz to one pound of butter ā€¦ate some cinnamon toast with the butter this am ā€¦
Looking for a cannabutter fudge recipe

Yall ever have a stroop waffle ?

4 Likes