What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 2)

This is an afternoon snack. I had plain yogurt and granola for breakfast but didnā€™t think it warranted a picture. You all know what that looks like. Yeah, I hear you saying, I know what a fucking Thomasā€™ English muffin looks like too, dude. Even one with butter on it. WTF?! rofl

What Iā€™m really interested in is to know if you are a hard or soft butter person? Does your butter live in the weird little warm box in the big cold box in your kitchen or does your butter live perhaps on the countertop or in a cabinet?

I prefer butter thatā€™s cold and hard (much like my heart but for different reasons). It slices thinner, and I like to have at least most of the entire surface area of whatever Iā€™m buttering to be literally covered. I donā€™t, however, like being wasteful, so I have to work quickly. I have an ideal slice in mind which I have never and will never achieve. One of the ways to tell if a hand wood plane is sharp is to take a nice thin shaving and see if you can read through it. Other woodworkers will tell you this is a real thing. Iā€™ve been able to read through plenty of plane shavings, but never a butter shaving! :frowning: :rofl:

I believe most people, not just here, are soft butter people. What about you?

Thanks for playing, my friends! smile1

4 Likes

Got that right! I have my grandmotherā€™s cast iron pan they used to call a " casserole"ā€¦only about 3" deep, oval with 2 handlesā€¦from 1950ā€™sā€¦and SOMEWHERE is my cornbread panā€¦ I WANT a decent skillet and Dutch Oven-- and they are EXPENSIVE!

1 Like

Bothā€” depends on what it is onā€¦ some items need a thin layer or hard cold butterā€¦others need a schmearā€¦ and OTHERS (toast and english muffins) I totally melt it an dip them to coatā€¦ ESPECIALLY if adding Jam or peanut/cashew/sunflower butter!

2 Likes

Used to be that, beef tongue and heart were ā€˜garbage itemsā€™ you could get on the cheap at the butcherā€¦nowā€¦ tongue is more expensive than steak and you canā€™t get hearts at allā€¦
When they get tongue here- lucky to get one for under $30
IMO- one of the BEST cuts IF you know how to prepare it- same with heart.

2 Likes

sourdough freshly baked.

9 Likes

I was drinking with my rancher last night and he asked me if I wanted some beef and I told him that Iā€™ll take the beef cheeks, heart, tongue and the tail(ox tails). He said done deal, he gives them to my for freeā€¦I put a beef heart in the crock pot for a few hrs. then I slice it and then grill it, delish folks.

3 Likes

Stuffed beef heartā€¦ :+1: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

i love lengua tacos from my local taco shop. the prices of lengua tacos jumped though, from about 3.50 up to 5

2 Likes

As a general rule I keep the stick of butter in use in the fridge (and the rest of the carton in the freezer until needed). I do sometimes enjoy butter thatā€™s sat out and softened, but I find butter that sits out all the time kinda gross. My mother leaves hers out in a butter dish with a cover, blech.

1 Like

Panir Sabzi (fresh herbs, cucumber, feta cheese, tomato, nuts and olives).

Lamb shank in broth with a vegetable medley, shirin polo (rice with a mixture of slivered almonds, pistachio nuts, orange marmalade, raisins, and saffron) with a koobideh (charbroiled seasoned ground beef) skewer. I love it all!

Our evening meal was so delicious!

8 Likes

Something about that last dish has me thinking about aTrini Roti shop in Boston. Man I miss that place.

1 Like

15 Likes

Big ol pile of burritos. potatoes, pork, peppers, onions, tomatillo, beans, duck eggs, cilantro and cheddar.

17 Likes

16 Likes

Sunday football halftime munchiesā€¦ meatloavesā€¦

20230119-181609

15 Likes

Is that birria ramen?

3 Likes

Yes it was. It was delicious.

2 Likes

Presto chango!

feed me

9 Likes