What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 2)

Last night’s dinner was a reverse seared ribeye, baked potato with sour cream, along with steamed & heavily buttered cauliflower. The steak weighed in at 1lb 4+oz. That’s 3 meals for me. It was all delicious!

Out of the oven but no sear yet.

In the pan with a seared side up. I also did the edges, particularly the fatty edge. I loves me some crispified fat along with each bite of muscle. :yum: I’m not a fan of reheated fat, even if its crisp, so that was part of my meal last night.

Plated. I forgot to buy chives at the store yesterday, dang it. And no longer having a driver’s license, I can’t just pop over to the store any longer. Still, I’m glad I gave it up. I was so worried about being out of practice driving and would injure someone.

13 Likes

Sushiiiii

13 Likes

@Jinglepot, nice socks :blush:

4 Likes

That’s how it was when I first moved here but after a while when pot was legalized here in Illinois and they found out that it was also medicinal they changed their tune…now one of the farmers/ranchers is going legal and set aside 1 acre for pot…

4 Likes

12 Likes

Oh those look delicious! :yum:

1 Like

I think he stole them from me! ROFLMAO

1 Like

This is yesterday’s breakfast and last night’s dinner.

Kind of standard breakfast fare for me, fried potatoes and onions, this time with a bit of steak from the previous night, all fried in bacon fat. The eggs were done in the same pan with some butter.

Dinner last night was pizza. That was a frozen pizza from Pizzeria Delfino, and it was so the fucking bomb! It was the second best frozen pizza either Mrs. mota or I have ever had! The absolute best was their 4 cheese pizza, which we had last week. Last night was margarita, which is usually my favorite. Both of the pizzas of theirs that we’ve had had a crust was so superior! Crisp, delicious, and totally foldable as a slice should be! The only issue we had with the margarita was the flavor just wasn’t quite as punchy as we prefer.

I mentioned Pizzeria Delfino for any Bay Area denizens here. It’s not an inexpensive pie, but for this kind of quality, you can’t reasonably expect it to be inexpensive. Or cheap, and it’s not really either. Worth every penny as far as we are concerned. Far better than the vast majority of pizzas (fresh, frozen or fresh bake it yourself) offered locally.

12 Likes

My after skiing socks in my hotel room :laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

O rings and tatter tots with cheese and jalapeĂąo in it.

11 Likes

Lastnights meal was goats cheese, beets, hot pickled peppers, walnuts, hemp hearts, field greens, and onion with a garlic balsamic dressing.

Followed by boiled eggs, spinach dip, branston pickle and some thin garlic flat breads fried in garlic butter :yum:

13 Likes

I try to eat a holistic ayurvedic diet, which for me consists out of a lot of chicken, eggs, chicken soup, avocado’s, lime juice and olive oil for dressing, or apple cider vinegar or balsamic and olive oil, very small amounts of shallot here and there, gluten free bread, dairy free cheeses and yogurts, almond yogurt, coconut yogurt, to which I may add some fruit and some soy fruit yogurt,almond milk and coconut milk, water that’s never too cold and always has gems and minerals in them, right now it’s rhinestone and amethyst, carrot-orange-ginger juice, freshly made, on cold or low energy days with a beet thrown in, fried rice with zuchini, shallot, carrot, chicken, olives, organic gluten free soy sauce (tamari) that’s now 11 years past it’s best before date (not joking,but this stuff only gets better with age, it’s the best damn soy sauce in the world mang! It’s so old it’s gotten sweet. Salty sweet of course, and it’s thin as hell and strong so you don’t need much, but it’s Gooooooood. Increases my appetite by a mile and has a slight alcoholic tinge to it.), and corn chips, the triangular kind, plain salted, some chocolate here n there, but only the very dark kind with no milk and little sugar, a banana here n there, some feta when I’m good, some cookies when I’m bad, some cannabis meds in there too, cause else I will feel bad. That about sums it up for right now I’m afraid. Not that I can’t have anything other but I’m still finding the inspiration for new streams of cooking.

Chicken with mayo, lime, and gonna throw in some other herbs but I shouldn’t overdo a few that I love a lot :innocent: :japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

Sunday Supper on Tuesday night…
Slow roasted pork loin in onion-mushroom gravy, rice, roasted fresh veggies and baked apples with spiced walnuts.
Wish everyone felt better to enjoy it…but it won’t go to waste!

7 Likes

lentil pasta with baked cherry tomatoes and a Bloody Mary

11 Likes

got some mexican take out. here’s a shrimp and chorizo taco, i didn’t take pictures of anything else as i’ve posted these pictures after having the same things multiple times.

12 Likes

Yesterday was National Something On A Stick Day folks…good eats… it was meat day for me.

For the non believers that think I’m making this up…

12 Likes

24 hour dry brined chicken drumsticks with cake for dessert.

Funfetti cake with Trix minis mixed in and rainbow chip frosting both in-between and on top. With Trixie minis on top to finish

16 Likes

Is that glazed pork belly??? :yum:

3 Likes

That’s what it looks like to me! Dang right :yum:!!

1 Like

These are the flavors Pizzeria Delfino makes, or at least the ones the Berkeley Bowl stocks. I mention this for Bay Area residents who may want to try it. I seriously recommend it, obviously. The actual brick and mortar Pizzeria is in San Francisco.

Last night was my typical loin pork chop, red Diane yam and applesauce. I made a little pan sauce too. There was some nice asparagus at the Bowl, so a lovely green vegetable as well. It was all excellent. The asparagus was perfectly al dente, something I often miss by overcooking.

This morning’s breakfast was again pretty typical for me. I did, however, decide to use Yukon Golds rather than russets. Just to mix it up a little.

It was all delicious!!

11 Likes