What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 2)

Happy Memorial day everyone!

16 Likes

Lasts night meal was a Makhani Dal, made with Kidney beans, red lentils and extra chilli as they are pretty mild on the heat.

13 Likes

Leftovers from my cookout can also be good eats folks…

10 Likes

Got a recipe? I love curry’s and Indian is some of my favorite food :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Here’s one I make up, not the most traditional… but awesome @DesertHeartGardens

3 Likes

Here’s another 1.5 tsp cummin. 1.5 tsp cayenne powder. 1.5 tsp coriander. 1.5 tsp tumeric .Tbsp of ginger finely diced. 2 garlic cloves diced. Two onions chopped up. 2 lbs chicken. Can of crushed tomatoes. 2 cups of chicken broth. 1 cup of cream. Sprig of oil to cook onion, Add as many more peppers as wanted…

Cook onions for five minutes in a little oil, cut up chicken and throw in, cook for five minutes, then add garlic ginger and cook for a minute. Then add all spices and cream and broth and simmer for twenty minutes. Or until desired thicknes is achieved.

3 Likes

I suggest using coconut milk for the cream and lots of cilantro. Man I’m hungry.

2 Likes

@Pawsfodocaws and @Shadey Got me in the mood for Indian tonight made Chana masala with added zucchini and basmati rice

6 Likes

We got frozen berries, some oats, coconut flakes, some oat milk. Yum! :+1:

11 Likes

“DIBS” send2 my way. pm?

2 Likes

This looks so good decided to make it

added banana and a date and some peanut butter powder

9 Likes

It did look very good…

3 Likes

I have the recipe for the Dal Makhani if you want it.

Heat a 1/3 of a cup of Evoo,
1 onion chopped and caramelized in the evoo, then add a large teaspoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of kashmiri chilli or more dending on how hot you like it.

4 cloves garlic and an inch of ginger, finely chopped or grated, cook for 5 minutes with the onions.

Then add a chopped tomato, half a small tin of tomato paste, 1/4 cup of fenugreek leaves.

A half a table spoon of Corriander powder.
Two Teaspoons of Cumin.
A Teaspoon of fennel powder.

Once it starts to dry out a bit, add a cup of water and a tin of kidney beans, and a cup of lentils I used red, but green or black is good as well.

Simmer on a low heat stering to stop the lentils from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Add more water as you go if you need to the lentils suck up a lot of water, you want a thick gravy.

Near the end add fresh cilantro stems chopped finely and when done add 2 table spoons of yoghurt or cream, and a handful of fresh cilantro leaves and stir in.

If you have rice with it you should have enough for 3 good meals.

5 Likes

Last nights meal was a Vegetable Shasi.

10 Likes

Going to give this one a try for sure just missing the fenugreek leaves will have to go grab some :+1: appreciate it bud

2 Likes

That’s one of the problems cooking Indian food from scratch, there are so many spices usualy you are nearly always missing one.

That one is quite simple, somewhere further back is a recipe for mushroom kerma, my favourite curry. It’s got about 20 different spices in it.

Look on you tube there are hundreds of different recipes, look for Al’s Kitchen he does, British Restaraunt Style Curries :+1:

3 Likes

I just ate some pizza and when I was done went “how old is this fucking pizza?”

Mrs Foreigner says it’s a week. I just ate some dirty old food.

9 Likes

Praying for your stomach :joy::pray:t2: @Foreigner

4 Likes

I think it’s fine. I just have an aversion to dirty old food. That’s what I call it.

I figure 3 days in the fridge is the maximum degree of old for me. Mrs Foreigner is more at the 5-6 day mark. Yuck.

4 Likes

Definitely gonna give this a go

1 Like