What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

I will b hitting the candy aisle next time I’m in Wally World

2 Likes

My dinner tonight (pan fried boneless rib eye with roasted red potatoes and Brussels sprouts) -

Mrs. mota’s dinner tonight (Alden’s French vanilla ice cream and sour cherry pie filling) -

Who had the better dinner? (I won’t post a picture of what will be my dessert as it will be exactly the same as Mrs. mota’s (only more), in the same bowl.)

Those are sour/pie cherries from Wisconsin, where Mrs. mota was recently (on the left is a 100% pure sour cherry drink) :yum: -

For anyone interested, that bowl is a real, mouth blown piece of Bauhaus dinnerware. It’s unlike our plates, which are simply slip-molded and carry the trade name Bauhaus. The plates are modern. The bowls are antique.

We have a set of 10 of those bowls. They are attributed to Bauhaus designer Wilhelm Wagenfeld, 1924. They’re clearly mouth blown. No two bowls are exactly alike, but they are damn close. Clearly made by a master glass blower.

24 Likes

Both dinners look exquisite. I’d go with yours then hers for dessert :yum:

1 Like

15 Likes

Forgot to say what it was my bad .

It’s Mississippi Pot roast that was slow roasted all day, then put ina pan with potatoes , cheese and bacon pits, broiled for 5 minutes too result in the picture you see here :astonished:

15 Likes

Went back to Turkey this afternoon.

The two on the right are chocolate baklava, the thin long one is the shop owner’s favorite. I didn’t even ask/look to see what it is (other than delicious!). The one that’s his favorite feels harder than I would expect baklava. Lightly pressing on its sides, it feels quite solid,

Then, on to the delight. Then I asked what the owner’s favorite was in terms of delight. I don’t remember what it is, but it’s there in the lower right. The four (five just a few moments ago) on the bottom are rose water. The three across the top, L > R, are mango cashew, saffron, and chocolate pistachio hazelnut. Fucking yum!

I cut one of the chocolate baklava in half so you can see the inside. Chocolate throughout. I’ll do the same when I eat the long thin one.

13 Likes

They look irresistible @mota. The pastry treats mrs herb brings back from the German bakery never last long enough to get a pic around here! I’ll endeavour to get a few snaps next time. They do the best almond croissant I’ve ever had.

2 Likes

Where the heck do you live???

2 Likes

About a ten minute walk from the store. lol (1)

(We live in Berzerkeley.)

2 Likes

more tahcos

13 Likes

quit it, my taco shop is closed and my 2nd choice for chinese was also closed. so i had to go with a high priced chinese/thai place that isn’t very good.

5 Likes

Ok I’ll stop :wink:…damn that sucks man.

1 Like

not as bad as i thought it would be

crab rangoon, i liked these ones

pad see eiw w/ beef, very good and the picture turned out nice

mongolian beef, worst i ever had, terrible

10 Likes

Beef pad is dank. Right on those Rangoon too :drooling_face: looks like some kill. Sucks on the Mongolian beef. :-1:

1 Like

Dinner tonight. It was delicious.

You know what dessert is going to be tonight!

12 Likes

@mota I have never commented but those candies look soo choice. I would love to have some,… I always get some whenever I’m in the local candie shop,… but I’m a sucker for jelly bars. Particularly the strawberry and raspberry kind. :yum: they are in house,. so it’s like jelly sticks with a dark chocolate covering. So damn good.

1 Like

That looks very good man.

1 Like

I can’t remember what you call the meal between the main meal (i.e., sandwich tonight) and the main dessert (i.e., Turkish delight) later. This is that in-between meal.

9 Likes

How many meals a day do you practice?

2 Likes

Homemade slaw, brussel sprouts from the garden and fried beef hearts after it was in a crock pot.

14 Likes