What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

Today’s catch? Wild? :+1:

2 Likes

State stocked Brown trout . A few weeks into thier new environ. Which was my frying pan.

4 Likes

Last night’s supper, pan seared, finished off in my grill, used my grill as an oven indirect heat, didn’t want to turn my whole oven on for just this piece of salmon, delish folks.

10 Likes

Didn’t have to work today so I made brunch…

This is my version of “Chopped” like that Food network show…this is what I had to work with.

Failed at flipping it over and my heat was way to high… but I still ate it and it was very good…

Success the 2nd. time around…had to make them small so they can be flipped easier.

3rd. was even better, the size/heat was perfect…also someone left a turkey in my drop box at my back door 2 days ago and had no room in my freezer so I cooked that too and will be taking it to the bar later on today…

11 Likes

That looks quite similar to the Japanese dish, okonomiyaki, only without the sauce, which is how I used to make it. No surprise since it’s also a cabbage pancake. No doubt those were delicious!! :+1:

3 Likes

I hate wasting/throwing out food and it wasn’t enough to make a cole slaw salad…so I had to think of something else to do with it and I think I made the right choice…it was actually pretty damn good and will be making more of it again in the future.

3 Likes

I made a couple egga muffins with smoked Gouda for breakfast. I’m hooked on the Gouda now.

3 Likes

11 Likes

They say it’s gouda for you… blush

4 Likes

One of my favorite dishes is stone ground grits (Byrd mill specifically) with smoked gouda, and wild mushrooms in cast iron

A trick to mushrooms is to toss them quickly with oil and straight into a ripping hot pan. Wait till they crisp and brown a little before you salt them 🤌

(Early salting and/or a not hot enough pan=mushy mushrooms)

4 Likes

Great tip!
And gonna try to find those grits-- can only get Quaker’s here…

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a shame there’s only instant grits at the store, there’s no happy medium option, I’ve always wondered why

Thank GOD these aren’t instant! I would sooner make wall paper paste than instant grits!!

1 Like

th-4091656278

2 Likes

11 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much! :+1:

3 Likes

Mrs Herb is on a mission to make the perfect sandwich bread.

First loaf of sourdough

Sandwich loaf

Carrot cake cupcakes

Choc brownies (kid friendly)

Pesto and vegemite cheese scrolls

14 Likes

Deer roast

11 Likes

Thanks for reminding me, I too have a venison roast the in my freezer from this past hunting season…

1 Like