What grow books are in your collection?

An earlier edition of Cervantes but it’s all good

2 Likes

Here’s the oldest copy I still have of Jorge’s Bible, I had the edition before this, but was lost to the leo’s. I also have an edition of Cannabis Alchemy somewhere, but it gets too deep for me near the middle,eh. Got tons of High Times, was a subscriber for many years. Bought it to see what was “new”, as back in my beginnings, the internet wasn’t an option, and my small town life left my grow knowledge in a bit of a vacuum, and knock it all you want, High times helped me along,too.

Then I got dial-up internet, and the world changed for me. Every day I find something new and interesting in the field of weed. Now places like Overgrow foster new ideas and push this lifestyle in ever widening directions.
Keep on learning, and sharing what you’ve achieved with others, and we will all benefit,eh

14 Likes

Cervantes and Rosenthal holy moly that’s a classic

2 Likes

I love cannabis grow books. Actually just ordered Marijuana Grower’s Guide by Mel Frank to replace the one i lost a long time ago.
My current list:
Teaming with microbes - Jeff Lowenfels
Teaming with nutrients - Jeff Lowenfels
Teaming with fungi - Jeff Lowenfels
Marijuana Horticulture Fundamentals - Kenneth Morrow
The Cannabis Breeders Bible - Greg Green
The Cannabis Grow Bible - Greg Green
Ed Rosenthal’s Marijuana Growers Handbook - Ed Rosenthal
Marijuana Botony - Robert C. Clarke
Most used is the teaming series.

11 Likes

Though it may be controversial, I think “True Living Organics” by The Rev actually has some useful, practical information, even if you don’t join the TLO cult. You just have to deal with him referring to you, the reader, as his amigo.

“Teaming With Microbes” should be required reading for anyone growing in soil. Though I enjoyed “Teaming With Nutrients,” I was a bit disappointed that there’s really only 1 chapter about feeding plants: it’s effectively a biology book :slight_smile: Fungi is in the queue.

6 Likes

Dude that’s a stack of reading, I kind of wonder how much has changed since it was written. Maybe the longest list yet

1 Like

I just have to interject that your icon reminds me of
Hunter S. Thompson

1 Like

I think I should read microbes

And who said print media was dead? certainly not the growers here at O.G.

I can’t wait to reread Mel’s book. I was so bummed when i lost it.

1 Like

Teaming with microbes and fungi are good reads that flow pretty well with tons of good info. Nutrients reads like a biology text book. That one took me a while and i still go back and read sections that went over my head.

3 Likes

I’ve read it, was just ordering everyone else to read it, too :laughing: Definitely enlightening… I knew bacteria and fungi were important for soil and all that, but never really thought about the symbiotic relationships between… everything. That book is to blame for my descent into organic madness (though I haven’t bought my ticket for the no till train, yet).

“Teaming With Fungi” I haven’t gotten to yet. From what @Pjhunt78 says, sounds like I’ll enjoy it more than “Teaming With Nutrients,” which was a bit dry for my tastes.

Yup, can’t take credit for drawing it, but couldn’t resist making it my avatar. Was either this or the “Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72” cover.

3 Likes

Was pondering the Teaming with Fungi the other day. Looks like it’s a go!

2 Likes

I read the Marijuana Grower’s Handbook, which i printed off of the web in like 2001 or so… But don’t own any books currently. On my way to ebay… LOL

2 Likes

How can it be that potheads and stoners actually read this much?

5 Likes

i assume that they wanna grow some GOOD OLD weed?

2 Likes

Doesn’t getting ‘high’ give you a quest for knowledge?
The most cerebral people I know use cannabis.

4 Likes

I absolutely cannot disagree with that, a sound reasoning.

3 Likes

Cool. Seeing our first books. :older_man:t2::older_woman:t2:

10 Likes

Contrary to popular belief my grades went up in high school when I started getting high at lunch break.

12 Likes