What grow books are in your collection?

I regret the dj short purchase lol but on the left is a book by Carrol Deppe that I’ve worn out first and second editions in my veggie cultivars.
Greg green is pretty comprehensive though and gives me a cannabis heavy view to breeding.
Carrol teaches that breeding isn’t rocket science and has been done successfully since the Paleolithic era ended.
You can easily say breeding other species is in our genes as humans.
I have the latest George Cervantes cultivation bible as well but that ones lent out at the moment.

10 Likes

got Green’s 2nd edition as a birthday present one year and read it front to back before trying my hand at growing. currently reading through his 3rd edition and the second half of Jorge’s encyclopedia… the latter being PACKED with info (great section with detailed pics on nute deficiencies, etc) despite some explanations not being as in depth as you’d expect for an encyclopedia. still worth buying any of them in my opinion especially since the pics in them are awesome!

4 Likes

is the book really that bad? have been thinking about getting it for a while now after reading some articles by him on another forum

Its a good read but I don’t think it has any real info.
He very lightly touches on breeding but doesn’t really give more than 2 pages of info on it, then starts on instincts and a bunch of spiritual crap.
For a beginner its okay I guess but the Greg green book is nearly perfect for the same price and has solid info.

4 Likes

wow go figure… guess i’ll grab Green’s then… thanks!

Got an oldie, a real oldie, and a bunch of non-cannabis stuff too!

12 Likes

I might start with some near the top of this post.

@42ndUpChuck

1 Like

Dope! Thanks. Marijuana Growers Guide is the first book I shoplifted from Barnes and Nobles… someone was getting arrested as I walked out the door

2 Likes

You live a life of sticky fingers. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s poetic and prophetic

Soma’s book was somewhat similar, they go way into the dogma of their grow. But had some dope organic insights.

1 Like

I was looking for this book for the better part of a year.

My favorite quote. “A gardener is only as good as his distribution network.”

99%

2 Likes

I most recently read “The One Straw Revolution”. It is a quick read with a lot of philosophy behind the development of no-till farming in Japan.

Onestraw.pdf (616.5 KB)

2 Likes

I’ll agree with @Pjhunt78 statements on teaming with nutrients a little more difficult read and probably least liked of the three books by Lowenfels just picked up “fungi” at the bookstore and think it’ll be a great investment in anyone’s collection!

1 Like

I started with Jorge Cervantes as well, you can’t go wrong there :+1:

Todd McCormick’s book is on line as a free resource, it’s a good place for people to start - a real hero of the movement -

1 Like

I appreciate everything he does except claim outdoor cannabis isn’t medicine. He claims indoor is the only safe medicine and can be very arrogant about it. You can watch old Bubbleman episodes and he is always on.

1 Like

I still have a lot of respect for what he has done as an activist. I want to know what happened behind the scenes with him and Bubbleman. He was on every
Hash Church then suddenly, poof, he was gone.

1 Like

There was a ton of ego on that show. I am surprised it lasted so long. I turned it off a few times because it was nothing but fighting and disagreeing. It would start to make me angry and i was only watching. Ha! Ha!

1 Like

Have you watched “Hash Church 2.0” yet? I think he is trying to make it more on focus and each episode a single topic. Heck, Sam and Frenchy never even argued over pressing. :laughing:

1 Like

I am going to check it out, but haven’t yet. :grin: