What happens when i pollenate a feminized plant with a regular male?

will it lead to bad seed?
and these regulars packs, if i set up a tent and open pollenate the regulars will it lead to crappy plants?

by bad seed i mean grows into herms and crappy plants

im planning on buying a bunch of seeds to preserve and do my own breeding experiments

5 Likes

Pollinate a girl plant with male pollen from regs produces regular seeds. Whether good or bad will depend on the plants.

6 Likes

You will just get reg seeds but also a very limited genetic profile of the strain. Should be nothing really wrong with the seeds.

4 Likes

You can also switch from regular to feminized by spraying a female’s bud with 30 ppm of colloidal silver once a day. By this step the Bud begins to hermaphrodite and produces female seeds only.

1 Like

Same idea what di I get if I just let ‘em get it on. Reg seeds to start with BOG genetics sour strawberry

Dude, if you pollinate a feminized cannabis plant with a regular male, you might end up with a mix of seeds. Some will be feminized, like their mom, and some will be regular

That’s wrong buddy. If you pollinate a feminized plant with male pollen you re introduce the male genes so you end up with regs only.

10 Likes

how do the names go and what are some methods? like if i open pollenate its s1, then if i breed one vs another in the same batch its f1 and the same etc?

and i understand backcrossing, you take a seed and inbreed it until a traits stablizes

he’s actually correct, but he’s not using the common cannabis vernacular.
some will be female and some will be male.

2 Likes

Pollination of a female flower by male pollen will produce regular seeds. 50% males, 50% females unless a hormone alteration method is used such as the aforementioned colloidal silver to induce female (or feminized) seeds. :v:

1 Like

So they will be reg seeds with both the female and male genes unlike feminized seeds that only carry the female genes so no he is not correct bud.

1 Like

he just said feminized instead of female and regs instead of male.
just because he didn’t use the words you’re used to seeing doesn’t mean he’s wrong.

1 Like

This is a grow forum. Miss information can cost someone a full grow. Feminized and female when growing is 2 totally different things. I respect that English isn’t the only language both the world and this forum has. I’m sorry if I offended or upset anyone but these simple mistakes can cost a person both money and health benefits from cannabis. :v:

2 Likes

Don’t do it !

1 Like

You’ve been a member of OG since 2020, it’s clearly time you made some seeds! Whatever pack of regs caught your eye I think you should buy and plant them all and make many many fat baby seeds.

Be sure to tag me in the grow diary.

4 Likes

Here’s what will happen: first, you’ll get a whole mess of regular seeds. Then others will find out what you made, and they will want some. Then you will trade, share, and definitely make more seeds! :v:

4 Likes

What happens … we all know what happens since two decades : old and clean genetic becoming pricey as fuck, even if they were basic and cheap strain back in their days.

1 Like