What is a inertial mass reduction device? Can it make a craft fly?

Some of you folks seem to think this is not real, some kind of hoax.
Did you read the patent?
Why do you think the US navy would spend all this effort and money on something that is just a waste of time?
Why patent something that is impossible?

1 Like

The is a reporting requirement to congress under the NDAA on the UAP issue for two years now. Government has already acknowledged their existence.

2 Likes

“What is most unique about this paper is that it has already won the approval of Dr. [REDACTED], one of the world’s top authorities in Advanced Power and Propulsion/Quantum Vacuum Engineering, who has given his unreserved approval of this paper, calling it “a very good paper.” [REDACTED] has also forwarded the paper to several of his colleagues, including [REDACTED], another top subject matter expert.”

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/37134/emails-show-navys-ufo-patents-went-through-significant-

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: isn’t that their MO?

In theory, if you could compute the frequencies required, you could make a ion propulsion drive that could lift any mass or go any speed…:thinking:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

It seems like this topic is redundant and belongs in one of the existing threads for discussing spaceship technology.

Would you like the thread moved here?

or here?

4 Likes

Why, this thread has absolutely nothing in common with the others.
This thread is not about UFO’s.
This thread is not about lost civilizations.

Why does it need to be moved?
Why is it not allowed to be its own thread?

If you must move it can you move it to a thread about real military technology if you have one?

I believe in evidence - Isaac Asimov

2 Likes

I guess a patent is not enough evidence.
what about being recognized by one of the world’s top authorities in Advanced Power and Propulsion/Quantum Vacuum Engineering.

Folks on a weed site are surely more informed on the subject than one of the world’s top authorities in Advanced Power and Propulsion/Quantum Vacuum Engineering
What was I thinking?

1 Like

I wasn’t casting shade, far from it.

For me, as a total non-scientist, I’d like to “see” it in action rather than it being theoretical. Might get me to the grocery store quicker. Gotta go! smile1

1 Like

I asked if you wanted it merged with one of the more active threads about spaceship technology. In the future, just consider whether your questions may belong in an existing topic, or one of your own threads.

Instead of starting a thread every time you want to ask a question, ask it in a relevant thread.

I notice you start a lot of threads with this clickbait question format in the title, ask leading questions, and try to draw out other members to support your claims.

3 Likes

But because you asked me,
a patent does not mean that a technology exists, is feasible, or even possible.

Patents on nonexistent technologies and impossible ideas are often filed to prevent other institutions from researching those concepts, as misdirection for the competition, as patent trolling to rake in cash if another company tries to develop the idea, or because they think the idea may become viable in the distant future.

A patent does not constitute proof of anything.

Frankly I shouldn’t have to explain this to you.

8 Likes

The reason this shit is not made available yet is because we have to be responsible enough to use it, we’re not gonna get new toys if we don’t behave, fellow humans, the wars need to stop first.

The whole galaxy is waiting for us to get our shit together. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

They’re really excited about sharing their tek with us, but nukes + lightspeed capability… ?

I don’t think so.

1 Like

Navy’s 'UFOPatents Went Through Significant Internal Review , Resulted In A Demo .

It all sounds like science fiction, and the Navy has been skeptical too.
Navy authorities called bullshit on Pais’ inventions and his patents went through a lengthy internal review at NAVAIR.

The War Zone obtained emails about the bureaucratic fight between Pais and the Navy through a Freedom of Information Act Request and revealed that the mad scientist won. (Navy's Advanced Aerospace Tech Boss Claims Key 'UFO' Patent Is Operable) and has been demonstrated to Navy officials.

Navy officials claim their radical electromagnetic and superconductor technologies aren’t theoretical, they’re already operable in some form.

According to the patents, some of the technology is “operable.” That means the Navy is claiming some of Pais’ wild tech works and has been demonstrated to Navy officials.

The fact that my work on the design of a Compact Fusion Reactor was accepted for publication in such a prestigious journal as IEEE TPS, should speak volumes as to its importance and credibility - and should eliminate (or at least alleviate) all misconceptions you (or any other person) may have in regard to the veracity (or possibility) of my advanced physics concepts,”

Ben Rich from Lockheed Martin’s skunkworks stated to everyone at his retirement party that “ they are 100 years ahead of established science” and also said “we now have the technology to take E.T. home”! I

1 Like

In March 2021, an announcement reported room-temperature superconductivity in a layered yttrium-palladium-hydron material at 262 K and a pressure of 187 GPa .

Although researchers once doubted whether room-temperature superconductivity was actually achievable,[5][6] superconductivity has repeatedly been discovered at temperatures that were previously unexpected or held to be impossible.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20190058105A1/en

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20060145019A1/en

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20060144035A1/

Mario Ludovico ) who was doing similar R&D with the Japanese.

2 Likes

I do not claim I know this is possible or that we already have this tech.
But what if it is real and what if we already use this tech?
Note to those that are Nay Sayers:

Just a few years ago, if I would have said it was possible to take down military planes with a beam of light, you all would have laughed.
Almost 20 years ago a military friend told me about the lasers to take out planes.
He was tasked with guarding nuclear war heads.
Every one on the construction crew just laughed at him when he made that claim.

As we see today lasers are a real and dangerous military weapon.
We need to keep an open mind about this sorta stuff.
Tech. is moving at the speed of light these days.

Trains moving at 600 mph was once thought of as crazy talk.
China has taken the first real step to debuting levitating trains that can reach speeds of more than 600 miles per hour.

2 Likes

@shag I think @zephyr is right and that this post is clutter and clickbait like many of yours that could be combined into another one. Also this subject is easily researchable but you keep digging into this patent and the explanations from the inventors when it has been tested and disproven conclusively by the scientific community.

“Abstract and Figures
Propellantless propulsion concepts based on electromagnetic waves like the EMDrive are claimed to be far superior with respect to the state of spacecraft propulsion systems. Such devices consist of enclosed cavities with different geometric shapes that are injected with electromagnetic waves, producing unidirectional thrust without expelling propellant. Additional concepts emerged from theories like quantised inertia and involve laser-type EMDrives with optical cavity resonators and fiberoptic loops in the infrared spectrum. Claimed forces of these devices in the micronewton range are confronted with growing scepticism when basic conservation laws are applied. With cutting-edge measurement devices, we were able to characterize these concepts in a space-like environment with nanonewton resolution for thruster masses of up to 10 kg. Additionally, we enhanced our inverted double pendulum thrust balance with the ability to perform thrust measurements at cryogenic temperatures (65 K) to operate also a superconducting EMDrive that was claimed have orders of magnitude higher thrust compared to classical resonators. In this paper, we present changes to each setup, based on criticism to our latest results, as well as thrust measurements of each device. Neither the EMDrive cavities nor the infrared laser resonators created a net-thrust above our balance noise. With the exception of the superconducting EMDrive, our data limits anomalous thrust below the threshold of classical propulsion with photon pressure for equivalent power-levels. Despite the enhancements made to each device, we did not detect any evidence in favour of the proposed theories.”

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/355859493_THRUST_MEASUREMENTS_OF_MICROWAVE-_SUPERCONDUCTING-AND_LASER-TYPE_EMDRIVES

1 Like

I just want my next harvest to go well :man_shrugging::joy:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Wow!
You folks sure spend a lot of time judging me and thinking about what I do. :thinking:

That is your opinion, and your opinion could be wrong.
Do you understand what this says?
It says some things have been proven, but that is not the same as what you are saying here.
Operable and has been demonstrated.
You can read it for yourself.

This was previously thought of as impossible, but it is now scientific fact, not opinion.

To me that is a far cry from your claim of it has been tested and disproven conclusively by the scientific community.
In fact this material seems to indicate quite the opposite.

1 Like

Ah, if we’re going to quote that article let’s not cherry pick one side of the argument, the Drive did a good job of presenting the other:

"To help contextualize the science or pseudoscience behind these patents and what it may or may not signify, I spoke with Dr. Mark Gubrud, a University of North Carolina physicist who teaches Peace, War & Defense courses and whose PhD is in ultra-low temperature and nanoscale experimental physics. Like many physicists, Gubrud has for years encountered claims of room-temperature superconductors and so-called spacetime metric engineering:

"In the past, I have attended conferences of ‘free energy’ and ‘cold fusion’ cranks, and encountered very similar claims. The claim to have developed, or know how to develop, a room-temperature superconductor is a perennial; so are claims based on some woolly physics to alter space, inertial mass or the laws of motion. One sees these things at the meetings and in the publications that constitute a crackpot hobby industry which is mostly about the vanity of its participants.

"Pais’s patents flow as an intimidating river of mumbo-jumbo that most trained physicists would recognize as nonsense, although many might simply disengage in confusion, and there are always some who might even be credulous. Of what, however, is hard to say, as it is not really clear what Pais is even claiming, apart from the room-temperature superconductor which, if it were true, would be huge news.

“Pais deploys fairly sophisticated babble to make this sound plausible to those who know what real physics sounds like, but don’t understand much of it. Which is likely to include most patent examiners, journalists, and Pais’s own enablers in the Navy.”

I asked for Gubrud’s opinion on why Dr. James Sheehy would vouch for Pais’ patents, to which he replied that it’s likely someone at NAWCAD has been misled or fooled:

“I don’t know why Sheehy defended Pais’s patents. I am certain it’s not because they really make some kind of sense. I suspect the story is just one professional charlatan who has embedded himself in the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division, plus one or a few supervisors he’s managed to fool. It’s possible, of course, that it is a bigger story which involves some actual ‘experiments’ and expenditure of funds, which is now being protected from scrutiny.”