What is this called and how common is it?

I’ve grown thousands of plants, I’ve noticed this from time to time, but never to this extreme. This occurs throughout the life cycles and transfers when cloned. It’s also detaches in an odd way if you pluck a branch when small, almost as if it has an anchor and a typical release point, ot that makes sense. Kind of like where a leaf would naturally detach

3 Likes

Don’t know what it’s called but some leaves are more secure than others.

2 Likes

The knuckles ? That’s from a silicate rich diet.

5 Likes

That simple? No other plants of mine do it currently, and they all get the same water and nutes

2 Likes

@Foreigner It is a plant with very secure leaves. I guess it also likes extra secure branches :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I guess some plants react to it at a lower threshold. From experience and reading around… bumping potassium silicate for example will exacerbate this phenomenon…

I like a little knuckle coupled with full stems on larger plants. Seem to prevent snappy branches under weight.

4 Likes

simple_leaf

Turgid flex

8 Likes

This is probably my best hunted plant, my only complaint is when I plucking leaves it’ll bring a budsite with it

1 Like

That’s a nice little visual, thanks! Ashamed to admit I’m still memorizing these

1 Like

Ideally you would cut fans petioles with something sharp and clean an inch off the branch/stalk to prevent open wounds

2 Likes

Ideally, but I struggle to not be a habitual plucker. Gotta keep those bud sites illuminated :joy:

1 Like

Oh, and since every thread is better with flowers… Here’s one if her clones flowering (30ish) as of yesterday

She’s 50% white widow, 25% Berryfreak, 12.5% DuckIBL 12.5 % Huckleberry Soda

4 Likes

Nice! Sexy lady for sure!! Crazy pedigree too :eyes:

1 Like