What is your favorite strain at the moment (growing & smoking)

Hey all!

I’d love to get a pulse on what people are enjoying at this point in 2018.

Strain / Growing / Consuming / Location (optional)
Super Silver Haze / Y / Y / MA

:evergreen_tree::heart::point_left::question:
Thanks!

9 Likes

mixed / kinda / daily / CA

but if I have to pick one it’s SourLifeSaver/B.O.G… BLUE calyxes…

:sunglasses:

:evergreen_tree:

11 Likes

Are you growing those or just talking about the enjoying the product? :smiley:

NM I just got your post… lol it’s been a long day.

2 Likes

I’m on a Blue Dream kick. Grew it all season outdoors in beautiful, sunny Southern California. Perfect strain for my anxiety/depression so far. A minimum of half my grow next season will also be this strain, but will be trying other sativa dom hybrids for variety as well as medical purposes.

9 Likes

I’ve grown New York Sour Diesel autos last round, and some this round, indoors, and my wife and friends REALLY like it (I dont actually use cannabis much myself). I can’t say I enjoyed growing it though, nothing special and kinda small and weird. But the bud is excellent.

Grow log is here if you wish to see the two rounds

10 Likes

YAY! I’m not the only one here who grows it for their wife and not themselves lol

11 Likes

Same here. Mostly Wife/Friends producer.

Not that I not enjoy it like 3-4 times a month, but thats it. I smoke just here and there these days.

10 Likes

Yellow Cab/N/N/Grey Area, Amsterdam

4 Likes

I enjoy growing it more than smoking it these days myself. I started growing as medication for my anxiety/depression, funny part is the gardening alone is handling that more and more these days especially since branching off and growing all sorts of things along with the cannabis. I mostly give it away to family and friends.

13 Likes

Kaia Kush is my oldest keeper ,is SSH x OG KUSH ( apothecary genetics ) and is my current favourite ( iv had it since January 2016’ ) and iv grown it plenty of times since…
I always have a few clones of her ( iv stressed the hell outta this strain and she is a solid female and actually tastes similar to how she smells ( smells like fuel, mint and citrus ( though not sure which - more like lemon/lime ) and it was a freebie seed too. I have a couple of clones elsewhere too, just in case (:crossed_fingers:)

Kaia Kush in all pics
I also really enjoy most of the auto’s iv grown / some more so than most regs and fems etc…
just waiting on one finishing too.
Anyway just thought I’d share my fav strain atm…
Happy growing/smoking …
Gaz

12 Likes

Hello gang.

Cherry Pine x Valley Fire / Y / Y / Costa Rica

Hope you guys/girls like it.

Sci :robot:

14 Likes

@McMuffin , any details on her family tree? I don’t know any of those mentioned.

1 Like

That looks f’n stellar! :stars:

I’ve heard of Chery Pie but not :evergreen_tree: Pine… that by itself sounds great. Indica dominant? The people are demanding answers, Don Científico…

:busts_in_silhouette: :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I just tried Blue Dream last night for the first time. I usually have big issues with weed triggering anxiety, so I tend to go with low THC, high CBD strains.

The Blue Dream is an exception. It put me in a happy place, with zero anxiety. Very nice stuff!

This didn’t come as a surprise because a) I have heard and read good things about it and b) I have been growing and enjoying CBD Dream from Crop King, which is a cross of BD and Original Kush - so sort of a high CBD Blue Dream. You might enjoy it for medicinal use.

6 Likes

I am asking the breeder to give me more info and will let you know as soon as it happens! Cool!

4 Likes

Yes! I’ve found it to be a very uplifting high! I have the same anxiety issues with weed that you do. I was actually very surprised that the sativa doms worked best. It was counter-intuitive. I’m gonna mix in a few hazes next year in my grow and see how that works as well.

7 Likes

So we’re in a similar boat… as medical users confronted with something that is still effectively taboo for most societies. Science just has to catch up on a century of ignorance & misinformation. In the meantime, you & I & bazillionz of other people are trying to find out what works best for them, basically blindly, except for discussions like this. :slight_smile: I went to a dispensary for a while & a young woman budtender was shocked that their RedDragon sativa was calming to me because it did the opposite for her. At this point in my experience, I’m not shocked at all. We’re talking about complex stuff, men & women have different physiology alone, & we both had different genes & lives. The only pattern emerged from that was that if it makes a lady paranoid & anxious, it’ll probably do the opposite for me. :mens: go figure.

while many people grow & hybridize plants searching tirelessly for the “better stuff”, it doesn’t come along very often. The high-CBD hybrids we enjoy today are a fairly modern phenomenon after decades(centuries?) of selecting for high THC/low CBD varieties. (see kevin jodrey on shaping fire podcast, youtube)

the challenges of plant breeding under a prohibition scheme are immense (as most of us here know) and large genetics trials are incomplete. My personal belief is that “blending” known strains/varieties with precision & targeted effects is a more quickly achievable strategy. I’ve used it to calibrate my meds when I have only had sub-par or unhelpful varieties/batches and it does have a significant “entourage” shift. It’s an experiment I suggest for anyone here; try combining precise mixes of strains & note their effects-- you may be surprised. :astonished:

That is where the magic lies, imo: THC & CBD are just fundamentals & the large # of other compounds & “ingredients” are really what do the special stuff. No education to prove it. :smile:

The dispensary variety that I ended up feeling best with with was their “Durban Poison” (which was definitely not DurbanP, I now know). I never got more info even after asking them for a proof of lab-testing & that whole legal weed thing is a mess. (Y’all know California has Cannabillionaires now, right?.. :wink: )

[sigh]

So the quest goes on. And Overgrow is winning. :trophy: :microscope: :herb:

7 Likes

Anyone have any suggestions on their favorite autoflowering strain for chronic pain/mood, that’s somewhat productive, not so much couch lock?

2 Likes

I just finished a beta run of GG#4LIME SOUR OG TEENAGE WASTELAND AND I LOVE IT , I always love c 99 , and I have a thing for lemon strains so anything that has strong lemon terp

2 Likes

Deffo my Swashbuckler it’s amazing weed. Almost to the point that it may be on par with ESB but for different reasons.

I love ESB so that is not a flippant remark.

Edited to ad a pic of some Rifty

5 Likes