What is your favorite way to add nitrogen and green up your crop in veg?

Has anyone said the air.
Well you need some microbes to do the heavy lifting.

Bacteria that convert atmospheric nitrogen into ammonia are known as nitrogen-fixing bacteria . Common genera include Rhizobium, Frankia, and Azosporillum, which all live in plant roots, as well as some members of Clostridium, Klebsiella, and Cyanobacterium.

Personally, I like to foliar spray like others have mentioned.
I use Mag nitrate, mag in the soil can cause compaction, so I don’t like using Mag in the soil if I can help it.
Calcium Nitrate is a good choice as well.

Low biuret urea is the best choice if you wanna use the wee-wee… :rofl:

5 Likes

So many good options here. I still stand by synthetic for the OPS specific needs. FF grow big is a good one as stated above.
Speaking of the air ( or the environment). I remember a conversation I had with my friends dad while toking RIP.
He had money and would research people that needed capitol for investments. One of these people had a machine that basically shot “lightning” through water. I dont think it was just electricity but i dont remember any details. Long story short its only viable for 10-15 mins so its great for some implications not so great for many others.

2 Likes

If you need N fast synthetic nutes act fast as they’re chilated.

4 Likes

That’s what I was going to say! :rofl: Goat shit’s good too, but chicken shit really gives them a boost in veg.

3 Likes

If you’re not overly worried about it being organic or not then urea is the best source of nitrogen, for organic, blood and bone is good.

6 Likes

A alfalfa steep will help out with a little nitrogen boost too you just take 1/2 cup per gallon of water leave it to sit for 24 hours dilute by like half when feeding :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Blood and bone are not great organic imputs In general really depending on where there sourced of course most common big brands get them from slaughter houses that are not organic and even been tested to have unwanteds in them

3 Likes

Yeah, fair enough, though a number of organic amendments have issues with being sustainably sourced.

There are sources of organic urea and guano in prill form is also good. Outdoor I just use compost; urea in veg and bat guano in flower, and kelp/fulvic right the way through. It grows them like this:

8 Likes

That’s a great picture with the Yuccas in the background.

4 Likes

I remember reading how bone meal can pass the
Mad Cow disease prions.
I use it in my vegetable garden.

1 Like

I lived with a mad cow. Now I know where it came from :rofl:

7 Likes

Foxfarm makes a early, mid. And late formula.
But it’s a low amount of N in early
None in the others.
So if it’s proving to be a hungry girl
I hit it with MG small spoon to a gallon early on.

Before and after of a serious seeds chronic, added a big cup of myco (found it on Amazon) and 1 small teaspoon of guano nitrogen per gallon of soil, your mileage may vary

I think it might rot the soil but I’m overdue for hospital time

Basically I think since mychoriza is a fungus the mist it can do is spoil in temp, more lights vs roots vs fungus, im experimenting before I go

4 Likes

Nitrate of Soda is a great natural source of N. It is a source of N and it improves the nutritional quality of crops by increasing protein, albumin, amino acids, vitamin B, and micro-element content.

2 Likes

Out of everything mentioned wee-wee is the fastest working.
If you use Low biuret urea you don’t really have to worry about burning you plants but I think it works a bit slower.
I have greened up plants in 1-2 days with it when needed.

Pro tip:
Urea is absorbed easily into the plant it also helps other components absorb too, so it is good to add urea to all your foliar sprays to help with absorption.

Spray all you want on a plant and if it is not absorbed it just lands on the floor or evaporates.

Amino acid chelates are another good choice and they work kinda like urea and help with the absorption of other components.

4 Likes

Kelp alone, or with a bit of Alfalfa. I use the Down To Earth dry milled stuff.
If you bubble some over night, it will act very fast.

3 Likes

Even if it grew buds the size of a watermelon I won’t be pissing in my pot plants, lol.

I know, i know, it’s no different than blah blah blah science science science

while rational about most things, this intuitively falls just outside that circle for me, on an instinct level, lol

Composted chicken shit for me… I will make a tea if i need a quick nitrogen boost but I till it in beginning of the season and top dress during veg as needed. Usually its not necessary to top dress unless I get some massive trees. I cut back nitrogen during flower.

1 Like

I just tested this recently. But amino acids. Wow its almost instant.

Foilar. I didnt even use one intended for plants. Which I dont know how much that even matters. But yeah stuff definitely works wonders.

4 Likes

I keep a bottle of general organics grow on hand for times when I get too damn busy or have royally screwed up my soil mix. I usually have everything mixed up water-only-organic style and don’t feed much of anything during the grow, maybe just some rainwater w/ a little molasses for a nice treat for good behavior. Dyna-gro foilage pro or controlled release 13-13-13 has bailed me out when I’ve screwed up even worse and am not going to have time to brew up something to bring my soil back to life. The perils of having too many hobbies; every now and again one gets away from you.

4 Likes