What kind of GROW lights are you using?

In the winter I start seedlings under a “home made” light that I made from led light strips. I won them in an auction on ebay for $0.80 cents. There are 2 separate light strings that can be used together or each by itself. I power it with a small 12 volt lithium battery that I run through a PWM to turn on for 5 seconds

and off for 15 seconds. That way the light is only on a total of 15 minutes every hour but the plants remain growing in a vegetative state. Saves a lot of electricity. :wink:

4 Likes

I had these 3 blurpled lights given to me, was told they were “grow lights” but couldn’t really find any info to support that. Regardless, I “Jer-rigged” them together onto a 3 ft long board and have used it once for seedlings.

8 Likes

Nice feet (plus twenty) !

3 Likes

Vegging with a 1000w MH in a 4x5 right now, running some Barney’s Farm Cheese. Will switch over to HPS when I flower.

1 Like

So I’m hawking FB marketplace for a new light for my second 2x4 tent, 2 mars hydro ts1000 do great in the first tent that will now be the flower tent.
I plan to put a wire rack and keep some moms and meg plants on the bottom and clones up top in the second tent, I have a strip light for the top but need something for the bottom for veg.
Found a tsw2000, (square version vs rectangular) for $75 on marketplace and that guy is ready to sell, sound a spider farmer sf2000 that was listed for $140 but the guy hasn’t responded so that’s the preference, but how shitty of coverage would the TSW 2000 be in the bottom of a 4x2? Also have another 100w vivosun light I can put down there so the coverage isn’t totally fucked but yah… great deal on the light and great for a future bigger tent, but not great in a 4x2….
Really hope to hear back tomorrow from the guy with the new in box sf2000 :grimacing:

1 Like

2 hlgs 550’s and some 600 w hps

In my small grow inside I use 2 TS 1000 s. And they definitely produce nice flowers. In a couple weeks I will post a picture of the Purple Cherry Bomb flowers next to the Red panama red I am flowering now.

1000 w MH/HPS in a 4x5 tent. And yes, I discovered Xbox in 2012, saw Star Wars for the first time in 1998, and just finished last Thursday’s breakfast. :wink:

2 Likes

All Mars Hydro.

Small veg tent. X1 TS-1000

Flower room looks like this.

FC3000 FC8000 FC3000

2 Likes

Just grabbed a kind x420 I’m putting in a 2x4 since I don’t really have the space for a 5x5 flower tent(fce 6500) I’m gonna feel a bit silly if this expensive ass light doesn’t outperform it, it cost literally the same :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I recently got a HLG scorpion diablo 750 watt at wholesale with the 420 sale, almost $1400 no sale retail, for $900!! I’m goin from the 200 watt ac infinity light that came with the tent and a HLG 100 watt Rspec in a 2x4 tent to my new SD in a 5x5. only a few years into growing and I’ve never had enough space… had to double my tent size about every 10 months, guess I’ll be gettin another 5x5 next year.

LOVE the SD, had a few plants flowering under my HLG 65watt veg light, lanky fuckers, she LOVES the new light. had to dim it WAAY the fuck down at first but my girls are adjusting. hopefully they have enough time to bulk up

1 Like

Just prepping for my first real grow, I now have 4 VIPARSPECTRA XS1500 Pro’s, only a 2x4 tent but running in 8×12 building I am lining with diamond reflective material, need to start with this and add more as I can

2 Likes

Nice lights! The spread is really good with them. My buddy has 2 for a 2x4 tent.

2 Likes

I plan to use 2 in mine as well, and 1 in a 1.5×1.5 box I built that I will use for reversing a few auto flowers that I only have 1 seed of and not sure how I will use 4th unless I do same thing again with reversal

2 Likes

My flowering tent I use a Grand Master LED Tarantula 5x5 Tent Ultimate and in my veg tent I’m using a Phlizon 600w. I bought the 600w and was using it in my current flowering tent as a veg/flower setup then bought a GML on a whim. I bought another 5x5 shortly after since I had the 600w sitting around and turned the new tent into a veg tent. The plants exploded growing under the GML, and the veg tent is moving along at a crawl.

5 Likes

My current light in my 4x4 tent.

I’ve only ever used Mars Hydro, and Bloom Plus lights.

Mars: first light was a TS600 and quickly realized it would not cover four plants :man_facepalming::rofl:
Second light was a TSW2000 to (barely) cover the four plants.
Third light is my current FCE 4800, won it in a giveaway. Great coverage for four plants.

Bloom Plus: I’ve owned three separate BP 1000s used to veg in a 2x2. One failed, one was accidentally dropped in a manner that broke it. GREAT light for the price, i once flowered a single photoperiod under it & it wasn’t that great. But it’s a fabulous little veg light :+1:

Oh and for a short period i did a full veg/flower run under a 315 watt CMH (can’t recall the brand) and it was amazing in veg, but i feel like the flowers of that run were a bit wispy. I think the bulb I used was 3800k and i think something more like 3200k or 3400k would result in better flower :man_shrugging:

Viparspectra ks5000 with 4 marshydro ts1000

I had 2 vs1000 and a sf1000 in the center row but i took em out because it caused too much heat

This set up plus my 8 fans keeps my environment around 83 degrees and 55-65 RH