What kind of GROW lights are you using?

In my 20” x 30” veg cabinet I am using this.

Works great but I needed to buy the glasses because the blurple stresses me out

Edit: I don’t wear shirts not even in the winter time

9 Likes

I am using a Kind 750XL. I won it in a FB contest. It seems to be working out well.I know they are a bit pricey.

7 Likes

Big on LED ATM. Have some QBs and various strip configurations.

Mars Hydro TS3000 (450w) in a 4x4 Tent, DIY 700w bridgelux array for 8x4 area, 1 x Sunblaster 4’ LEDs (80w) and 2 x 4’ Barinna LED T5 (20w) per rack in vertical rack configurations over multiple racks.

3 Likes

just started using 125w CFL for 2 girls.
my mates are much better the fkr!
oh and i used to grow under 1600watt (i think) HPS - unaffordable now :frowning:
best luck mate looking good anyways!!!

4 Likes

I’ve been using the Apache AT600 for five years or so. Hands down the best LED on the market, but it’s super-expensive. And heavy. Equivalent of around 1100 watts, 50,000 hour life span, draws around 750 watts and runs really cool. I still have to run the AC in the summer, but it’s nothing compared to an HID. I like it so much, I just bought an AT200 (on sale for only $929), equivalent of a 600 watt light. Really, really good lights.

7 Likes

I started growing using MH and HPS 400 watts old Chinese ballast damn thing was so hot I had to put a fan on it ran the hell out of it for years it produced great bud but very hi heat
Then I bought 2 mars Hydro reflector series 96 chip about 300 watts each
I ran them in my big tent ( big for me and the biggest of the 3 ) for flowering and veg it’s a good light for the money
I have one of them now in the 24 x 24 tent And 1 for back up they may have a year or 2 left

I Up graded to a full spectrum California lightworks 500 series so far my plants love it
I do like the white light it’s easy on the eyes
I do like the LED lights especially if heat is the issue

Paps

10 Likes

For flower I’m using 4x HLG QB288 3.5k RSpec boards on a Meanwell HLG-320H-54A driver in a 3x3 tent. Started with just 2 in there with that driver and it did really well but having 4 boards provides much better coverage and they run at an amp less. I need to get a bigger tent :thinking:

For veg I’m using 2x HLG QB288 V2 4k boards on a Meanwell HLG-120H-54A in a 32"x32" tent. I’ve actually had good luck flowering with just this light too. It’s actually in a 2x2 right at this moment for some seedlings.

Then I looked at ledgardner and had to get 2x Samsung SI-B8V521560WW 3k F-Strips and put them on another 120H-54A driver since I already had it. Those two strips actually work really well by themselves for that same 32" tent, talking short sog or a single short plant, but they’re even better when combined with those 4k QB288 v2 boards :slightly_smiling_face:

For the future I’ll probably be looking at more F-Strips, the price/performance ratio is really hard to beat. Just needs some DIY experience and shipping patience.

9 Likes

I’m using 4x HLG QB288 3.5k RSpec in a 4x4 tent - works well from seedling to harvest.

9 Likes

In the Flowering tent (4’x4’), I’ve been running a Lush Dominator 2x, 435w blurple led for almost 4 years now, without problem. It’s adequate. I replaced a 6 lamp T5 in the 3’x5’ veg closet, with an HLG 320XL (3 QB288 Rspec bds., Meanwell HLG-320H-54A). I like it so much, I’ll get another one and put them both in a 5’x5’ tent when I can afford it.

8 Likes

For veg I use a old t8, and for flower, just a little 260w QB

5 Likes

Wow… That’s an awesome win

1 Like

just started using a 320 watt hlg quantum board setup 3500K in a 4’X2’ area. Only been about 5days in but I can already tell I won’t be going back to hps tech. It was a diy kit for$300 well worth it I had almost$500 in my digital hps 1000watt setup. I want to add a red spectrum sunrise and sunset kit and some UV light also. If you are half way mechanical I would just go ahead and build your own light fixture with the new strips very easy to build and much cheaper.

6 Likes

Clone/mom tent runs an HLG65. Just enough to get them started.

Veg tent is running the Arden EH500. LM301H strip light running true 500w from the wall.

(Use code SUPERIORBUDS to save $150 + free shipping.)

Flower room runs 4x HLG300 v1’s. (I’m 3 versions behind now, but these are still killing it.)

11 Likes

2 RAW 65s at 4k for veg, basically the same lights as the newer versions of the HLG 65s. Then for bloom, I’m using a Mars SP250.

2 Likes

I just ordered a viparspectra p1000 for a 2×2…:man_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

Vivosun makes some decent ones I think I got two pair with cases and cloths for like 20 bucks on Amazon

3 Likes

Those are the ones I got! I’ve also got a pair of vivosun trimmers and I like them too.

3 Likes

Every piece of vivosun equipment I’ve gotten has been quality for a great price

They are my go to Amazon brand

6 Likes

I have been using a Viparspectra V1200 for about a year, I like it but can’t wait to upgrade to a white light I see some of yous using.

3 Likes

I have to admit… A big advantage of having the Viparspectra lights for me; is the 100,000hrs of a lifespan. They also have an amazing LED light spectrum with quality LED’s. Plus for the price, I honestly couldn’t go wrong! My lights have to stay about 32"-44" throughout the plants lifetimes and the price for electricity compared to the HPS days (600-1000W) and well heat difference is simply incomparable. “LED’s all the way” . I can honestly say “My hats off to Viparspectra lights”

2 Likes