What kind of GROW lights are you using?

Let me know how the P1000 is. I was close… However I grabbed 2 Viparspectra V300’s for about the same price. Each pull 130w from the wall. I also have the R900 which I’m very satisfied with. But I’d love to hear/see more from/on your P1000. Let me know how it does.

I’d like to see that TS3000 in action. From what I hear those lights are a beast. Let me know how it does. Best of luck man.

Even still, a sf1000 is a damn good light! It’s definitely not no slouch. Depending how many plants your actually doing. But in 1 tent/area; it’ll work well!

1 Like

Ive never tried that light. However nowadays decent LED’S are definitely around. Plus like you said the light will always come in handy later on. I would think the light works pretty decent. Hopefully you get afew years from it. 5+ ideally.

Definitely not!! I love it. I use it in a 32"x32" for two plants and it works great

1 Like

will be starting a diary soon with 4 plants in 15litre air pots

2 Likes

I use 6 flurescent 4’ lights (3 cool, 3 warm) for grow. plants… they don’t seam to mind it, not one bit.

regards,

7 Likes

Solistek 1100w overdriven 1000w double ended mh / hps . I have a few flavor bulbs. 1 in veg 2 in flower .
Heats not always a bad thing 9 months out the year I need the heat from a de ballast.

5 Likes

Sorry, I tried to post the HLG fixtures that I use, but I totally butchered the post so I deleted it.
1- HLG 320w XL
2- HLG 260w XL
1- HLG 260w, the short 2 board heatsink
1- Mars Hydro TSL2000
1- 6 Sunboard/strip fixture in 6500k that I use for veg in a 2x4, all the HLG fixtures are 3500k
And a Sunburst 315cmh that is mainly used in the winter time for more heat.

5 Likes

Ah, no worries man. Pretty much all HLG lights are of good quality with great results.

4 Likes

I have a TS1000 in a 2x2, and it absolutely rocks that footprint in veg, and it is performing its first flowering right now which I expect will be impressive as well.

I did a side by side veg of some gals in two 2x2 tents, all clones so identical-ish, with one tent fired by a 180+ watt t5 at 5500k, and the other with the TS1000. Both tents vegged happy gals, but the difference in terms of plant/bio mass was almost astonishing, with the TS producing (at an “eyeball’s” estimate) probably twice the stem and stalk girth, and what I’ll call noticeably “fleshier” foliage. I didn’t really track production on a plant by plant basis once I moved them into the flowering space under a couple of ES180’s (The Green Sunshine Company) in a 3x3+ area, but at least on the veg side of things the TS performance was really impressive.

3 Likes

At the moment running a single Mars Hydro SP250 in a 2x4x5 tent. I had 2 of them but had some money issues, the one works fine for my limit of 5.

Edit that’s and LED in case anyone wondering.

2 Likes

marshydro ts3000 over 5 peyote wifi 1 week 12/12, is my first grow with led and i’m very impressed.

6 Likes

I have to say… "Im happy to see you using that light! " I’ve wanted to see one in action! I’m gonna pull up a seat and watch how they treat you!

I went thru 2 LED lights when I made the switch over from HPS… the final decision was:

Spider Farmer SF1000, equivalent to about a 400hps light I used to have… the trick for

excellent growth, I hate to say, is getting away from the Blurple Lights and switch to a Daytime Spectrum light… my growth almost tripled when I made the switch from blurple to daytime spectrum… the SF1000 puts out dual spectrum and adds a single UV light for late flowering, this thing has it all… HGL makes the same light using the same diodes…

check out my growth, 4wks old… 3wks of veg and a week into flowering… GMOP strain…

8 Likes

I use T5s for clones , seedlings , and veg and use 2 x 1000w hps for flowering.
I would like to use something more powerful for veg but can’t because of power constraints. But ya this set up has served me well over the last few years.

2 Likes

I just started running a sf4000 in one of my 4x4s to replace a 600w hps. I love it. will be picking up a few more soon

3 Likes

Update on the results from the ts1000 in a 2x2:

Strain is Dutchie Jones (yes, I’m an idiot for putting a very stretchy sativa in a 5ft tent…took some super[duper]-cropping to wrangle her height). Ended up with a little over 3oz, which is a bit less than I was hoping for. Flower is extremely airy - not larfy, just not especially nice nugs. Effects are weird, very strong, uplifting and focused, almost driven in a task-oriented way, but quite anti-social.

Just for an anecdotal point of reference, I simultaneously flowered another strain in another small space giving roughly the same feeding/watering/light schedule which yielded around 2oz per sf. Canopies were similarly dense, and DJ was harvested a good three weeks after the other.

I can’t blame the light for the lower-than-expected yields per se especially given the way I had to treat her, and that this is only one pheno/seed from a 5pack, but my vaguely educated suspicion is that the Mars TS series may veg better than flower.

3 Likes

I’m using off the shelf led light bulbs with the plastic dome removed. I put 5 30” bathroom vanity lights (5 bulbs each) together to evenly light my 3x3 space. The 25 bulbs themselves will span 30”x25”. Currently I only have 3 strips installed, and using few bulbs at lower wattage for veg.

14 Likes

I love this as a counterpoint to the fraught conversation about what makes for “good” grow lights. The Migro guy on YT recently did a build and test of a similar fixture and the efficiency was not bad at all - I don’t recall the figures exactly. Maybe a pricey fixture would veg moderately better, but not hundreds of dollars better, imo.

2 Likes