What kind of GROW lights are you using?

Totally planning something to that effect. I figure I can squeeze more space going vertical

1 Like

Ive got a total of 10 led units I use between 3 indoor grow areas
2 philzon 600w (100w at the wall)led dual switch
1 philzon 1200w(241w at the wall) led dual
2 viparspectra vb1000 (96w at the wall) led
2 bloomspect b600 (132w at the wall) led
1 bloomspect b1000(180w at the wall) led dual
1 bloomplus bp1000 (90w at the wall) led
1 viparspectra vl150 (330w at the wall) led dual

In my greenhouse I run 1000 watt hps and 1000 watt mh during the cooler months to double as a heat source when needed

In my opinion the philzon 600w get the job done but are lower end of the quality unit spectrum for a blurple light, they give the dual switches but the veg has to much red diodes on its channel whereas the other brands u can distinctly see a blue and red channel difference. I’ll run them cuz I have em, but would not see myself purchasing again

The philzon 1200 doesn’t make any sense vs 2 of the 600 units, overall higher wattage and less canopy coverage than 2 600 watt units, may as well split the wattage up

When it comes to color spectrum the bloomspects are top shelf and my go to as they provide a very natural looking color of light between the 8 or 9 color bands it has, drawback is the 600w units don’t have veg and bloom switches just on or off

The viparspectra vb1000 and bloomplus are excellent and favorites when efficiency comes to mind, units only draw 100 watts or less each and they put out some serious light, light is mostly a warm white, cool white but any plants I’ve had under it has absolutely thrived in veg

The viparspecta vl150 is a powerful unit but in my opinion is a power hog pulling 330w, feel like I can accomplish a better canopy with 3 of the smaller units that pull 100w each than what this puts out, feel like this would be suited better for a grow tent where room for multiple lights isn’t an option and wanting something powerful in one unit

3 Likes

I’m going to blame the Scotch, but I just made a purchase to add to my collection, the Spiderfarmer SE 3000. It said buy one get one light free. So I’ll wait and see at least.

2 Likes

From where? @Brandon7467

Their website, spider-farmer.com

Edit: the free light is only a 75 watt light. I just found out.

1 Like

I’m trying to decide whether to build or buy my next light. Running hps is expensive (really it’s the ac that’s the power hog) building seems cheaper and I won’t have to sell half my harvest. But then I think but what if I fuck it up. :expressionless: I should give it a go, I’m reasonably handy.

3 Likes

HLG or Timber. End of search.

Digikey and build your own @EugeneDebs420

There’s a lot of threads here, that could help you all the way with the grow

5 Likes

spongebob-eyes

5 Likes

Spider Famer SE3000 in the 2x4 and SE7000 in the 5x5.

4 Likes

I should have built my own. Although, it’s so much easier to just buy. I really am on a budget though.

2 Likes

Snapping the bar leds together in like 2 minutes or less is an amazing experience.

2 Likes

Rolled my own. Each get a 150w driver attached.

9 Likes

Not on my budget, it’s probably gonna be mars or a diy build. I’ve got 3 1000w hids a 600w and a 400w I’m just using 1 of the 1000watters in my tent rn though.

3 Likes

I’m running 3x Xs4000 viparspectra in my flower tent 480 true watts each. In my veg tent I’m running a mix of 100 true watt boards from Spiderfarm, gixxer, and viparspectra. Also using the good Ole sun

Check out the Vipar “P” series. They seem to be phasing them out to make room for the XS series, and they are probably the cheapest respectable budget light going right now. Better build that the Mars TS.

I’m looking at bars not boards, biggest light viparspectra has is only 480w, math puts its flowering footprint at 15sqft max. Not knocking viparspectra, just need more than what they have.

1 Like

I hear you but for the sake of argument you accidentally make a mistake be it in sizing your meanwell drivers or assembly or anything you could cost yourself $$.
I have no problem putting together an already specked kit with an engineer has specked for compatibility. I have made mistakes buying things that I didn’t know enough about and had to spend good money after bad. Just a thought.

1 Like

The mars fc series is pretty reasonable 650w for $600 is pretty hard to beat. I’m also looking at the volt 650 which is around the same price and spec.

2 Likes

Build your own led with Mr.Sparkle

1 Like