What kind of mite

My powders only work on dry surfaces. I have taken to bottom feeding to allow it. That will take care of the next generation but it’s got to be combined with an attack on the current leaf infestation. Sponge with soap and water worked for me last summer. - outside.

2 Likes

I am dealing with mites atm, they like warm areas with no air movement, so increase you fan numbers and speeds, it stops them breeding so much, they slow down their reproduction rates in cooler temps. Use different agents for spraying, so they don’t develop a tolerance to one thing. I have been spraying every 3 days with safers end all, water and bleach at a ratio of 1 table spoon per gallon of water, alcohol and water at 1 part alcohol to 10 parts water.

Get a decent sprayer with a pressure pump, and a decent length wand with a 45 degree bend in the end, makes life much easier when spraying under the leaves where they live, spay the soil surface as well. Remove damaged leaves as these will have eggs on them, I heavily defoliated my plants, makes spraying easier and faster, and gives them less opportunity to to spread and hide.

Sometimes it’s easier to just burn all your plants and start over, after cleaning out your grow areas a couple of times and waiting a month before starting again.

When you clean your grow area clean everything in there, lights, fans, filters, inside the ducting, hanging strings, ceiling.

I have even found them inside my hygrometer wandering about between the screen and digital display.

Even when you think they are gone keep spraying for another couple of weeks to make sure. Otherwise you will be doing it all over again if you just missed a couple.

5 Likes

What Shadey said…
The thing is…at your stage i would avoid any sort of spray and just try to save the game introducing 3 time the reccomended dose of predators and see what happen…but
That space looks too messy in the background…its a lost battle try to spray or try to solve the problem without clearing out everything …then you need to treat the bare naked room with sulfur spray that kills mites floors and walls and is fairly non toxic…then i would bleach the floor too…
I know it seems impossible and defeating but if you be diligent you will get rid of em in a blink of eye !!! You can!!
Next run treat everything with abamectin and some other eggkiller like hexytiazox or spiromesifen…yes their nasty but in veg with proper protection and following the guidelines i would raccomend it because otherwise you will loose time and money sprayin weird concontion and you will end up beeing one of those that says that got infested for life by mites…
good luck and kill those basterds!!! :peace_symbol: :pirate_flag: :zap:

5 Likes

“I have even found them inside my hygrometer wandering about between the screen and digital display”

I actually shuddered a little bit when I read that :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yeh I did as well, it went straight into a sealed plastic bag and was binned.

I used sulphur powder blew the powder in front of the fan and let it blow all around the room. Sulphur powder is good as it kills PM as well. If you can get lady bugs they are a good option, predatory mites as well. If you have sprayed already with a agent it will probably kill them as well when introduced.

4 Likes

I think i got the mites from looking at my dads plant’s that where outside thats the only thing i can think of not sanitizeing before i went in my grow room

3 Likes