What Nutrients Do You Prefer?

Coco is hydroponic growing unless you’ve amended it with something.

2 Likes

What type of silica product?

1 Like

Grotek pro silicate

1 Like

Oh i use coco with chemical nutes and hand feed daily

1 Like

I’ve found with the maxibloon, I don’t really need silica at all. Haven’t noticed a difference not running armorsi for instance.

Also, regardless of the silica product and nutrients used, I’ve found you shouldn’t use it past week 4 of flower. I mean, you can use it until chop no problems, but you’ll have a smoother smoke if you stop use before week 4 ^^

4 Likes

I recently read that and am tapering off.

Definitely taper it off. But, I’d ask one of the more scientific growers on here how available potassium silicate is in coco being flushed out daily. I used some different MSA products and my plants seem just as healthy and fine without them. Maybe on a commercial scale it makes sense though. I couldn’t tell a difference though. Stuff was pricey to me and a hassle to add something else to the res. Lazy and cheap style for me.

I cant tell you why or how but i absolutely love their silica. I noticed an amazing increase in thickness of the main stem since i started using it in coco. Maybe its a coincidence, i dont have enough knowledge in coco or different products to say one way or the other

I use a 70/30 coco perlite blend and powersi silica at .5 ml per gal in veg and 1ml per gal in bloom every Monday night I don’t like using it daily because I like using the runclean to keep my lines and emitters clean and if I use both I need to use ph up and I don’t like using ph up

This is not sarcastic or prickish at all, is there a competitor to Drip Clean these days called Run Clean made by someone other than H&G? I always use Drip Clean, but would check the price on Run Clean if it’s the same thing. Anywhere I can save some money. Haha

Edit: I found it. It’s one word. Duh. Haha. Thanks for letting me find another product to check out!!

2 Likes

I’m probably going to snag a bottle of RunClean. Thanks again for mentioning it!!

2 Likes

I think you know good stuff. :slight_smile: I’m going to write to you. These pics and plants are gorgeous, btw.

1 Like

its worked pretty well for me, before using it I had this white residue from the tap water that would build up in the reservoir and my lines would be coated in the calcium now its very minimal with this stuff. they claim its supposed to help with other things like nutrient uptake but I have no idea if that’s true or not

1 Like

I like that it has no P or K in it like Drip Clean does. Seems cheaper too. Can’t beat that. Thanks again for the heads-up!!

1 Like

anytime Pat

1 Like

Looks stellar man, real healthy!

1 Like

Can you share your ratios?

1 Like

Thanks for your kind words mate😁
And write me anytime! Love to talk!

Lovely😁

I cannot share the ratio of this specific recipe in the public (atm) as I mentioned earlier but I’m making a new recipe to share with others (main focus is using common substances so everyone can make it).
It’s in the test at the moment.

Wondering tho, are you accessible to yara compound fertilizer there?

1 Like

@SeymourGreen
Maybe you can consider doing this already (especially micro elements as S value is hard to change at the moment)!

You might be skeptical since its very different to the link you sent me or the hydroponic dude you told me.
Totally understand.

But my micro direction is based on the horticulture standard made by various companies, mainly eurofin, yara, nouryon, sqm, geerten van der lugt. Those are the biggest chemistry companies in water analysis, fertilizer. It is just industry standard/protocol that all the glass horticulture sector follows so I can recommend with the confidence. Its clearly the industry standard!

Just in case…(i know we all high and sometimes we missunderstand each other…)
I’m not bragging like oh I know more or my source is better but I just understand that we want to improve yet hard to find source (based on my experience). It was so hard to find the correct scientific or industry standard because this sector is rather closed than open about the information.

Anyway, hope this can be helpful!

p.s. if you change the micros, I can keep on track with you checking out the plant and eventually fine tune your macros.

1 Like