What Other Plants Do You Have?

@BaCol it’s a new tiny bush I got in fall. I planted it on the side of my house, used some steer manure and compost I bought as mine isn’t ready yet. I just started composting in December. I used a bit of epsoma soil acidifier and last week I scratched in some epsom salts and gave it some liquid iron supplement. No other fertilizer. I have scoured the internet researching and have done everything it said as far as mag and iron. I’m at a loss. This plant just hates me. lol The one thing I am pretty certain of is the location. It gets early morning sun and afternoon shade.

That’s awesome @Jellypowered! I am growing some bell peppers (nothing hot though). Got 3 sprouts in the greenhouse now. They took a few weeks to germ out there. You growing them all inside under lights or you gonna plant them out come spring?

Since we are sharing our sprouts… 3 cherry tomatoes on the left and California Wonders bell peppers on the right

Container strawberries Alpines

The stars of the greenhouse, cosmos

And chamomile

Zinnias, only been in for a week

The new blueberry bush finally doing something

I put leftover Mammoth P in everything except the blueberry bush

7 Likes

The plan is to put them outside in spring and the should bear pods within the first month of being outside :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My Gardenia that hates me

Supposedly pink daffodils however looking yellow to me. 50 degrees may not be considered cold enough for them to come out pink. We shall see

6 Likes

Here we go (:notes: yo, so what’s the scenario…)

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Your what hates you? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Haha sorry couldn’t resist :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Try some yoghurt I’ve heard that helps. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:laughing: and you say that I’ve got a sick mind :rofl:

4 Likes

That wasn’t half as bad as the stuff you come out with :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’v noticed that with peppers that germination for peppers takes a little longer than most veggies not sure why that is so just my observations over the years !

4 Likes

May try adding bottom heat from a mat will get things to pop faster!

3 Likes

Pepper seeds take quite a while to germinate.
I managed to get mine to sprout in about 2.5 weeks.
I put them in a little tray and put them in my tarantula tank. It’s very humid inside and quite warm so that sped the germination up.

4 Likes

I do not have any space to start any more seeds.
But I smoked my first bowl of the day…saw @Jellypowered
pepper post…the next thing I know, I am starting my leftover Early
Jalapeno seeds. Have 10 left, starting the 10, if viable should sprout in about 7 days.
Maybe. That’s how long they took last spring. Some pepper varieties seem to take forever,
especially for mother hen types…like me.

8 Likes

It’s okay! Overgrow the world…with peppers?.. Looks like you found space. lol

6 Likes

Got 2 new African Violets last week. Love these colors! More to fuss over so I can LITFA my cannabis.

My kitchen window is running out of room, but I just never seem to have too many flowers lol

10 Likes

The garden gnome left her hat by the sink! :womans_hat:

:smile:

5 Likes

I recently got a Maruga Scorpion plant grown from one of the pods I made last year that had been germinated then grown on over the winter. The main trunk has split and it already has a couple of little flowers on it!

Now I just need to give it enough light so it carries on flowering and once the day length gets long enough and the risk of frost is gone it will get repotted in the polytunnel.

Last year we were late in the season as we didn’t get the polytunnel up until May. This year we are hitting the ground running and as long as we can clear some beds on the new plot we should get a full crop from all the veg this year. I hope to need to clear some space in the freezer for chilli pods.

4 Likes

You guys are sure giving me spring fever!

I have this lemon tree I got almost a year ago. I pollinated l the flowers with a paintbrush last spring. It’s put in a ton of full size fruit, weighing it down pretty heavily. And they taste amazing!

It put on some huge leaves Last summer. The color changed quickly though. I think it’s pH or calmag? My water here is 7.5 and my cannabis sure likes the calmag.
I did repot it over the fall and was surprised it didn’t have much root growth. Not great soil either. It’s now in 20 gal. Of bush Dr and hydroton. I try to give it some light nutes and pH water calmag once and a while. It’s so thirsty though it gets plain water a lot

I was hoping to simulate a winter for it but it just started putting out a bunch of flowers. Probably to late for that.

6 Likes

I think you might get lucky with the slow-release citrus tree fertilizer “stakes” or spikes. They helped my orange trees. :thumbsup: Affordable too.

I’d do that and maybe a little foliar feeding with something gentler like fish or kelp stuff…even some super-thrive :smile: for the heck of it.

:v:

5 Likes