What Other Plants Do You Have?

:blush: wanna take a picture of your stash or type up a list? I’ll get that thread going tomorrow & put up a picture of what i’ve got to share.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I love plants all plants indoor, outdoor I just love growing them, so much so I now have a nursery with about 20,000 ferns are my favourite tho!

13 Likes

Beautiful! Do you know anything about Gardenias? My new bush hates me! I’ve tried Epsom salts and Iron with no luck. Just getting more yellow and brown by the day.

3 Likes

2/48 peppers sprouted so far.

Orange Habanero

Red Ghost (Bhut Jolokia)

Quite the large list this year.

• Trinidad Moruga Scorpion
  • Tabasco
  • Red Ghost
  • Sweet Habanero
  • Orange Habanero
  • Habanero Neon Yellow
  • Cayenne Pepper Hot Mix
  • Lemon Drop
  • Cherio-Roxa
  • Tepin Amarillo
  • Chocolate Cherry
  • Grenada Pepper
  • Habanada
  • Scotch Bonnet
  • Sugar Rush Peach
  • Ordono Hots
8 Likes

That’s putting my plans to shame @Jellypowered :blush: :sweat_smile:

…'getting that menu anxiety like it’s a bunch of weed :astonished: gimegimmegimme

:v:

3 Likes

Hi @Meesh
I grow all sorts from hedging, trees, grasses, shrubs and ferns.

Being honest i dont know about Gardenias is it in ericaceous compost? how much have you been feeding it?

1 Like

I found out today that seeds from a frozen chilli pod can be viable. The germination rate is down from fresh of course, but there are plants I have grown that I would like to grow again and I only have frozen pods of them left.

I have taken a test pod out of the freezer to test the process while I wait for the weather to improve enough to plant seeds in the poly tunnel.

2 Likes

@BaCol it’s a new tiny bush I got in fall. I planted it on the side of my house, used some steer manure and compost I bought as mine isn’t ready yet. I just started composting in December. I used a bit of epsoma soil acidifier and last week I scratched in some epsom salts and gave it some liquid iron supplement. No other fertilizer. I have scoured the internet researching and have done everything it said as far as mag and iron. I’m at a loss. This plant just hates me. lol The one thing I am pretty certain of is the location. It gets early morning sun and afternoon shade.

That’s awesome @Jellypowered! I am growing some bell peppers (nothing hot though). Got 3 sprouts in the greenhouse now. They took a few weeks to germ out there. You growing them all inside under lights or you gonna plant them out come spring?

Since we are sharing our sprouts… 3 cherry tomatoes on the left and California Wonders bell peppers on the right

Container strawberries Alpines

The stars of the greenhouse, cosmos

And chamomile

Zinnias, only been in for a week

The new blueberry bush finally doing something

I put leftover Mammoth P in everything except the blueberry bush

7 Likes

The plan is to put them outside in spring and the should bear pods within the first month of being outside :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My Gardenia that hates me

Supposedly pink daffodils however looking yellow to me. 50 degrees may not be considered cold enough for them to come out pink. We shall see

6 Likes

Here we go (:notes: yo, so what’s the scenario…)

1 Like

Your what hates you? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:
Haha sorry couldn’t resist :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Try some yoghurt I’ve heard that helps. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:laughing: and you say that I’ve got a sick mind :rofl:

4 Likes

That wasn’t half as bad as the stuff you come out with :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’v noticed that with peppers that germination for peppers takes a little longer than most veggies not sure why that is so just my observations over the years !

4 Likes

May try adding bottom heat from a mat will get things to pop faster!

3 Likes

Pepper seeds take quite a while to germinate.
I managed to get mine to sprout in about 2.5 weeks.
I put them in a little tray and put them in my tarantula tank. It’s very humid inside and quite warm so that sped the germination up.

4 Likes