What Other Plants Do You Have?

I just got over 50 feet of San Pedro last week, and then got this today:

Two 9ft tall columns. Hopefully I’ll be sending out a lot of cuttings to people this spring!

9 Likes

What trichocereus is that? That looks very strange. I’m unfamiliar with that, I think?

Edit: whoops, it’s a cereus. The copycat San Pedro :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Fig trees oustside in zone 5, 2 Bonsais, Pineapples, Venus Fly Traps, Orchids, worlds record hottest peppers Carolina Reapers flowering and producing peppers etc.

10 Likes

I’ve shown a few of you this already, but I enjoy growing carnivorous plants…

13 Likes

How do you put your photos in frames (instead of vertically) like that?

1 Like

Here you go bromigo

New gallery layout - The Grid

5 Likes

Appreciate it!

2 Likes

It’s a cereus aethiops ,it’s not to common and has inch long black thorns and much deeper ridges then the San Pedro.

3 Likes

I also have a similar story… I also got a cactus passed down to me and it has grown well :relaxed:

Come to think of it, the thing must be at least 30 years old.

1 Like

I inherited a cactus from a man I used to work for, and I was doing a horrid job of caring for it.
So I liquified it, and fed it to my plants, and now it will forever be an ingredient in my living soil.

2 Likes

There’s a chance if you feed your cannabis other psychoactive plants, they will inherent those psychoactive traits via absorbing those plants active alkaloids. It is theoretically possible to have cannabis with mescaline or other complex compounds in it.

2 Likes

This gets me rather excited to even contemplate , sounds like I need to use some strong mushroom compost or tea on one and see what happens :crazy_face:

1 Like

It was one of my principle interests with cannabis. The idea that you could add things to a reservoir and impact uptake. It is a scientifically sound thesis. I’m not sure why more energy isn’t being put into it.

2 Likes

It’s very sound and has been proven esp with cannabis , just haven’t seen it tested things like this. Im assuming a key aspect would be using things that are water souluble or getting them into a state that could be absorbed if not.
Would be like dam this is some trippy weed

2 Likes

I think that might be the big unknown. I don’t think we quite understand what plants uptake and how. We are continually surprised at what we find in plants from environmental contamination. With that said, I would imagine anything water soluble is fair game. Even very complex molecules. But why one molecule over another? I don’t understand what determines uptakability(?). It seems random to me, but my understanding isn’t even surface depth.

Also, if one plant uptakes one substance, why won’t another plant uptake that very same substance. What selection method does a plant use to determine what to uptake? Maybe it’s some sort of lock-and-key system.

2 Likes

If a water soluble molecule is rejected by the roots, there’s always the chance you could ‘color a carnation’ with a freshly harvested branch.

2 Likes

:wink: You kidz are into that blue crystal smoke, eh? :rofl: :fire: :gem: :dizzy_face:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I defer to the Slughorn Defense;

“This is all hypothetical, isn’t it? All academic?”

2 Likes

Wondering what everyone else likes to grow other than Cannabis.

I’ve got some succulents and cacti for the wife. Thinking about getting more for her and maybe helping her to propogate clones of these to sell & trade for more.

7 Likes

Does marijuana count? Lol

Peace and stay safe

3 Likes