What Other Plants Do You Have?

Oh my, a lot of amazing things growing in peoples homes and gardens in here. Feeling really inadequate right now :smiley:

Got 5 new chilli types I’m adding to my collection this year. AJ limon, white habernero, Biquino, Sante de grande and prarie fire. They were all doing fantastic till last night when I snap freeze occurred and I didn’t get the heating going on time. Lost 6 of the white habernero’s but rest are doing okay so far.

Had some garlic sprouting in my cupboard to so figured I’d plant those instead of tossing them on the compost. Wasn’t in my plan this year but garlic is always welcome.

8 Likes

Datura metel ‘fastuosa’

12 Likes

Ha! Ha! Don’t eat that. :grin:

1 Like

Que chingon! Da semillas?

grapes

plum

this is a grape tree. People have started making wine from it already . This is a clone i was gifted.

5 Likes

Saludos @ryasco!!!

I’ve been tempted to try it but I have to investigate the dose well to avoid something from happening to me

1 Like

Saludoa carnal!!!

Yes it does,I can give you some if you still interest once i have them or let me see if I take a cutting

1 Like

Have been trying to find some clover for cover crop and saw these growing in
a planter. There was a green and a purple variety, and they seemed to have a
root mass that was easily removed.

The green one had a couple of little yellow 5 petal flowers that eventually formed
into a pod like structure. NOT CLOVER

They have a central column that the runners are attached to, yet grow almost
horizontal if they have the space to do so, covering a larger area than the main
stalk would suggest. But where they touch the soil they can set down new roots.

These are a couple of seed pods I took off to see if they can be harvested this way.
After some research I found it under UC IPM weed management here:
Creeping Woodsorrel
The line that got me is the seed pods explosive capability able to launch seeds over 10 feet.
Being an indigenous species to California, I’ve probably seen it often but never given it a
detailed look before…

7 Likes

cool i used that plant.id site and posted the green one and this is the results it gave. the creeping woodsorrel is oxalis corniculata, it gave 3.6% match to that

the purple one it was a lot more confident about! 55.5%!

5 Likes

I love Sorrel! I use it in salads, it has a sweet and tangy lemony thing going on. Blended with olive oil and vinegar it can be a salad dressing. :grin:

2 Likes

The Prickly Pear Cactus and the Hibiscus clone liked the Kelp and Fulvic Acid treatment too.

6 Likes

Thanks for testing plant.id … lets give authors some feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The volunteer tomato @lotus710 got too big.

Good soil will do that, right?

Waiting in the porch for Spring.

9 Likes

Burbank Plum Tree

Stanley Pruning Plum

Nectarine Tree

White Princess Peach Tree

Reliant Peach Tree

All of these should have been pruned back and will need lots of extra attention. If there is fruit everywhere, I’ll have to cull a lot before it ripens. Trees are still too small and not well pruned to handle a full crop.

11 Likes

Your yard is starting to spring to life. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

we made it through March & April without any big warm-ups to screw up the trees’ buds, which is good, it seems to happen almost every other year now. We lost the peach crop one year and apples the other out of the last 2 years.

2 Likes

As you can see the hyacinth are upset. The need to be potted up bad. The spider plant is only a week old or so from some cuttings. I know the one in the back left is geranium but idk about the other 3. They were all recently gifted to me since I lost all my old house plants when I left my ex.

9 Likes

Back right corner looks like a Christmas Cactus.

The big one in the back, middle looks like some sort of tropical plant. I wonder if some of our friends here have seen this one before? I bet it would like some TLC too.

I bet they would all just jump if they had some sort of soil amendment, :wink:

1 Like

I totally agree @99PerCent, I was told to not water the tropical looking one often but I know it wants some love… I’m almost to stingy to give it any thought. That’s for our consumables. Lol

1 Like

Don’t worry dude, feed it. It will love you back.

I may give it a taste of the goodness

1 Like