What Other Plants Do You Have?

Totally edible, as long as they are grown organically that is.

I leave them for the yard creatures.

Like almost everything I grow outside.

Goldfinch Eating Hissop Seed

15 Likes

I also love to grow sunflowers…easy and quick to flower.

14 Likes

And very rewarding. :smile:

3 Likes

Wow I’m jealous of all your gardens inside and out…this coming year will hopefully be a growing one for my garden. Tried to start it last year but the rug was pulled from underneath. You guys are a great inspiration all around. Kudos to you all for sharing this.

1 Like

No, I only grow it for the very aromatic flowers…super spicy sweet intoxicating odor!

Several species of Nicotiana, such as N. sylvestris, N. alata ‘Lime Green’ and N. langsdorffii are grown as ornamental plants, often under the name of Flowering Tobacco. They are popular vespertines (evening bloomers), their sweet-smelling flowers opening in the evening to be visited by hawkmoths and other pollinators.

5 Likes

When you can, put in the extra few days. You know, the time you don’t have.

The months of rewards will be worth it.

2 Likes

Im learning a bunch so thank you all… I will make the time because you are right, so worth it and rewarding :grin:

1 Like

Here is related, pre-existing pictorial thread.

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, thats a stinkhorn, if you touch it you will get slime and it REALLY stinks, thats a notouchem…

4 Likes

Two points for @Kraven

Yup, don’t touch!

2 Likes

what is that flower? It almost looks plastic

Shoot didn’t see this when I looked

@Muleskinner its a flowering Venus fly trap. Crazy looking, almost fake

1 Like

One more.

?__________?

5 Likes

Looks like a Staghorn Fern to me

4 Likes

Guess it was an easy one. Less than 2 minutes. :punch:

Give Jelly the prize!

1 Like

Nah, I’ve seen those before so I knew what they were. The wide flat leaves are pretty unique once you see em you don’t tend to forget those.

Saw some in the San Diego zoo and asked the guide about em.

1 Like

Double like!

The inquisitive mind! Like a parachute. Only works when open!!

4 Likes

99 you have a fantastic variety of plants in your house and garden… Mr green thumb

Thanks @GumbyBuds. Friends that gather over the years.

16 Likes

Wow so vivid it almost looks fake. Do you guys get a lot of praying mantis out your way?