What Other Plants Do You Have?

My mother gave me the cutting. Said it was a philodendron, but who knows. As far as the cutting, it will all work out. I think a good 2" coating if sand is next.

2 Likes

Mine aren’t this nice, but I have a few. They’re a legacy/heirloom from an RIP family member, and therefore are OverGrown. :wink:

If I could have Ficus roots enveloping my house like Angkor Wat, I would in a second. :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Colleagues, does anyone know what it is?

1 Like

@alpine it looks like a very sad Persimmon

4 Likes

Thank you, that’s it, even a frost …

1 Like

I planted 3 bare root Astilbe plants a few weeks ago. They are supposed to get about 3 to 4 ft tall with colorful fern like flowers. I got an assorted mix in pink, lavender and either red or white. I have yet to get anything to grow in this shady spot in 10 years. And today… one has it’s first leaves! I’m thrilled.

5 Likes

Also popping up… Saffron Crocus (yeah, they make the spice)! New bulb, planted maybe 3 weeks ago!

6 Likes

Fall foliage pic from Salem, MA

4 Likes

You can check with your local Master Gardeners to see what variety, if any, will be good to grow in your area.

1 Like

Fall foliage from a long-neglected greenhouse at Happy’s cabin :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Take more pics of the camp, that sounds cool.

2 Likes

Next time I go, I will. We have 2 cabins, one close to home (not a cabin really, a fifth wheel on a local hydro reservoir lake, but on a federal lease far away from anyone else, and off grid), and one far away, close to Gold Bridge, BC. Both are cool, but we rarely go to the far away one, because, well, it’s far away…

2 Likes

I was thinking the other day, what if we took all this knowledge and experience and applied it to other plants? Maybe some of you do.

I have a hobby farm and love growing lots of different things. This last year I moved to the place I am at now. There is lots of room and I want to grow enough to keep stocked all winter. In the spring I am planting a few different kinds of fruit trees. Different berries. And a large garden.

I know fruit trees can take a really long time before you can test your results. But what about land races for different things?

Just high thoughts :grin:

1 Like

I was thinking the other day, what if we took all this knowledge and experience and applied it to other plants? Maybe some of you do.

I have a hobby farm and love growing lots of different things. This last year I moved to the place I am at now. There is lots of room and I want to grow enough to keep stocked all winter. In the spring I am planting a few different kinds of fruit trees. Different berries. And a large garden.

I know fruit trees can take a really long time before you can test your results. But what about land races for different things?

Just high thoughts :grin:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What Other Plants Do You Have?

I’m starting cilantro, thyme, basil, savory, and some spicy pepper that I thought was not spicy when I bought it.

This spring I would like to plant some weeping willows along my driveway along with some white oaks.

7 Likes