What Other Plants Do You Have?

Canada standing by.
Willing to trade for citrus…

3 Likes

@cannabissequoia well, it’s supposed to be a Southern Highbush variety which is a GM hybrid that is supposed to be hardy in warm climates. It is highly possible however that I got a bs plant. I had a very hard time finding one as CA has very strict import codes for bareroot fruit trees. I found only one company that would ship me one. It did not come bareroot but in a tiny bit of soil. It’s gonna take years for this sucker to establish and I knew that going in. It also said this variety is self-pollinating, but it does do better with another type of bush nearby. I can only hope for the best and wait it out.

If I want another one from a really reputable company, I may have to have one shipped to my Mom’s vacation house in Las Vegas and have her smuggle it back for me. So far, the million times I’ve drove back and forth I’ve only ever been waved through the CA Agricultural station at the border. I think this may be my answer.

@HappyHemper it’s funny how much I take our citrus trees for granted! They are in every other backyard here. I even have one in mine, a kumquat tree, I never eat them. lol

3 Likes

Crofter’s organic is great stuff! if you soak the empty jar in hot water the label drops off cleanly so you can use it for herb storage. :+1:

2 Likes

8 Likes

This is a new addition to my succulents

Bryophyllum Daigremontianum
Aka mother of thousands.
Had her for a short time. Keeping her inside until it warms up again then she’s back outside with the rest

5 Likes

Huh, visited my “back 40” and it seems that I have Bok Choy… in late December! Who would have thunk…

5 Likes

This was one of those boxed, give as a gift amaryllis bulbs. It was the last one, the box was destroyed, the bulb was withered and moldy, I felt sorry for her so I bought her and brought her home. I gave her some peroxide and some of my African violet food and she now has this huge flower and 2 more starting. She has some damage and she is growing sideways, but she made it.

7 Likes

:clap: @Meesh :thumbsup: :sunflower: :tulip: :blossom: :persevere:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

When I first seen the pic she looked like a hibiscus.
Really nice color

3 Likes

She totally does! Especially cuz she’s growing sideways! She looks like she may right herself, but who knows? The bulb is planted perfectly straight too! lol One more dose of peroxide and I’m pretty sure the mold will be 100% gone.

2 Likes

Those are the ones that get those cool round things around the edges of the leaves right? Bitchen!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Yes they do. They’re babies lol. Then they fall off an then grow

2 Likes

:tophat:'s off to you… Bonsai can be demanding at times & are not for everyone. The Ficus seems like a good choice for heartiness. :blush:
How often do you root-prune?

edit: hardiness not “heartiness” :heart_eyes: :laughing: fuck spellczech

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Everytime I transplant. Which isn’t often. Once a year at least. I only fertilize after a root prune it seems to be the way to get the growth started again.

4 Likes

Does anyone know why my perfectly healthy rose bush has graft roses growing on the same stems as the black baccarra’s? This makes no sense to me.

3 Likes

Huh @Meesh that is strange indeed. I’m curious to know as well because maybe, just maybe, my runt will deliver a nice flower instead of the root-produced bullshit

2 Likes

Mother effing hell! I found this. This particular rose bush got really wonky after I threw MegaCrop in there in early summer. It’s been looking good for awhile now, except my black roses changed to red ones. Now, I know why. I’m gonna have to pull it out. Damn it! It was my favorite… I didn’t even realize that it killed it. Warning! Don’t use Megacrop on ornamentals! At first they seem to love it, until they don’t.

@HappyHemper kill yours with fire too. Seems only the graft is gonna grow on the rootstock.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting that link. I knew that was a problem but did not realize how prevalent.

When it comes to fire, I’m the guy. Napalm death to the bush!

3 Likes

@HappyHemper I’m so bummed. I would have rather killed an annual or even an mj plant by fooling around. :sob:

4 Likes