What Other Plants Do You Have?

Here is another succulent that I have. Sits on the front porch. Crassula portulacea aka E.T. Fingers

4 Likes

So @Meesh do you think MC promoted the suckerā€™s then?

1 Like

Either promoted the graft to over perform the bush or killed the bush and the graft lived.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear the bad news regarding the rose bush guess you might be seeing things differently with the loss of a favorite plant. :frowning:

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your poor rose plant.
I canā€™t imagine what could be in MC that may have harmed your
plant.
I have zero experience with roses.
I did use MC without any problems on coleus, vinca, tithonia, tomatoes, peppers,
nasturtiums, sunflowers.

I wonder?

3 Likes

Money tree

7 Likes

More than likely it made the suppressed root graft over perform and kill the rose bush. It probably worked, but on the wrong part of the plant. lol

Iā€™m not seeing Megacrop differently. I still think itā€™s great and easy peasy on MJ plants. I am however, not going to be as daring with throwing mj nutes in my other plants lol Iā€™m sure that will not be the first plant I kill doing dumb things,

3 Likes

In my experience MJ nutes diluted 50% worked wonders for my xmas cactus

That, however, is the extent of my experience so far :smile:

Next springā€™s show: Lawn and Others

1 Like

ā€¦hows that orchidae challenge goingā€¦? :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Oh man I want to, but donā€™t have the space in my life for another medium, one day, maybe, but my relationship with coco (and cannabis) has to remain, for now, monogamous. :ring:

2 Likes

Brought the Blueberry indoors a few weeks back when temps were unusually high. Yesterday dormancy broke.

Today

6 Likes

Ya Iā€™m kinda of worried also with unusually warm temps here in CO mid to upper 50ā€™s just isnā€™t right for early Jan temps !

3 Likes

Itā€™s been raining here for a week straight. I have a bucket outside completely filled with rain. My blueberry bush is drowning. Iā€™ve had to dump water out of it like 3 times this week as itā€™s so full of water inches were floating on top. I stupidly planted it in a ceramic pot with no drainage. Iā€™m gonna need to emergency transplant it probably tomorrow as supposedly the sun is coming out. Shit! The thing finally came out of dormancy and is throwing buds and now this. Ugh!

4 Likes

Oh do I ever know what you mean. This is right now: the gutters are not damaged, just canā€™t keep up with roof drainage every once in a whileā€¦

Nothing in a pot survives the winter (rainy season) here outside too well. I guess itā€™s not that common where you are. Good luck with the Bush! (Autocorrect capitalized Bush so Iā€™m leaving it :smile:)

3 Likes

Wow! This the first time we have had a real winter in years! They kept saying El Nino was coming back, but after like 5 years of drought I gave up believing. I love the rain, but only like 2 days at a time. This spoiled Cali girl gets depressed without my sunshine. It has actually been in the 50ā€™s here in the daytime too. Itā€™s so rare, when I planted the bush it never occurred to me that it would drown from rain of all things!

The thing that is really bugging me the most is I canā€™t clean up the dog poop in the backyard. Itā€™s kinda mushy from the rain. Drives me crazy when I run to the greenhouse and I have to hurdle obstacles.

5 Likes

A bucket? You need to up grade that to a 50 gallon barrel or maybe 2 or 3! Lol

A little rain trivia for ya! For like every inch of rain that falls on a approximately 1300 square foot area of roof one can expect to collect upwards of 800 gallons!

How many inches have fallen recently?

5 Likes

No idea, but Iā€™m guessing in a week, like a foot or more.

I wish every year were like this! Collecting rain water around here is usually a fools game. It would generally be a waste of money to buy rain barrels. For the longest time it was illegal in my city. Right now, Iā€™m wishing I had them! Oh well, I do have a few buckets of fresh rain water out there now for the greenhouse plants!

4 Likes

When you start getting your soil real good those rains will soak right in and youā€™ll have very little run off and will hold it like no bodyā€™s business!

I posted a vid with Gabe Brown on OG here where he states he has upwards of 10% organic matter in his soil profile and it rained 13 inches one year over a coarse of 2 days and his soil took it all in to a point where a floater truck could drive over his fields the next day! Impressive!

4 Likes

Never paid more than 10$ for one , found one in a ditch and another behind a building that was intended for recycling ( at least I think it was) lol

mine to at one point but never stopped me and I never under stood that rational either!

3 Likes