What Other Plants Do You Have?

Another photo sensitive plant.

Keep em growin’

99%

1 Like

I really enjoy growing nasturtiums.
They are easy, and grow quickly.
They are great in hanging type containers.
And the flowers are edible. They are pretty morsels of peppery goodness when mixed in yummy salads.

Here is a nasturtium I grew in a discarded sink vanity a few years ago. I would guess that the sink was probably a little bit less than two gallons.

13 Likes

Yellow & Red.

Need Yellow!

2 Likes

I leave almost everything in my yard for the wild life to eat. It’s sort of surburbia around here, which is a killing field for the creatures.

7 Likes

This is a Painted Fern

6 Likes

2 Cherry trees (tart) 1 dwarf Peach tree, 3 Blueberry bushes, Strawberry patch, Blackberry bush and a 15’ x 40’ vegetable garden. Indoors 3 large peace lily plants.

3 Likes

Great for cooking pie. Mine feed the baby Blue Jays. I’ll get a pic some year.

1 Like

And a Partridge, say, maybe in a pear tree?

Hey, it’s the season.

3 Likes

Every year is a battle with the birds to see who can get more cherries. Usually the dog and I go out late afternoon and I pick, while he eats 1/2 of what I pick.

1 Like

All Good.

Be sure to post some of your cannabis pics when you get going! :wink:

99%

16 Likes

@99PerCent That is a beautiful shade of green with that cabbage. I grew some pumpkins, beets and tomatoes the year before but they were all stolen. I have some pretty shady neighbours so decided to refit the whole garden over the summer. New fencing, raised beds, sturdier shed with locks. The greenhouse was meant to be ready in autumn but the rain set in so only had time for the concrete base with the rest of the building supplies sat on top. Should have it complete soon as the weather is good for building in March. The concrete base is half the job. It’ll be 12 foot x 12 foot finished so plenty of room… and a very big padlock.

Soon as it’s up I’ll drop a picture.

4 Likes

I already posted some things on a thread here.

Cheating a bit. lol.

Happy Holidays.

2 Likes

The finished product looks fantastic. Is that clear polythene sheeting you used? If so, how does that hold up in the winter @99PerCent ?

Just fine. The materials are poly-carbonate sheets for walls and poly-carbonate roofing panels.

I bought them from a place called Greenhouse Megastore on line.

The Trim is PVC and 1/2 of the structure is built like a shed. The floor is concrete pavers on top of sand.

Two Andersen Windows. (not necessary)

3 Likes

I had considered acrylic for a while before giving into the solid layered poly-carbonate. The weather can be pretty schizophrenic here at times. It also has the benefit of being slightly cheaper so I won’t be too sad if a gale swoops in and knocks a window out. One of my neighbours, a bit of a dodgy builder, keeps trying to convince me to give up on a purely wooden frame and do a 3 foot high brick bottom to the greenhouse. He’s a bit too into cement, drove his wife mad last summer building a concrete raised pond. It was only meant to be 3x3 and by the time he was done it was 10x6 and she was threatening to leave home because he’d concreted over half her plants. Point being I don’t trust him not to turn the greenhouse into a strange shape if Iet him come play with cement.

Growing anything interesting in there?

1 Like

Definitely Overbuild build to last. :house:

4mm double wall stuff will collapse if you sneeze while assembling. I used 8mm double for the walls and it was a minimum. Would recommend 8mm, 3 wall. In about 10 years, I will replace with this or better when things have been damaged by time.

1 Like

Good advice. I have 6mm for the sides, the roof is on impending order with soil for the spring so could see about switching that out for 8mm. I’ll have a gander at what else the warehouse might have in stock.

Now, we can really have some fun!

The Plant List is a working list of all known plant species. It aims to be comprehensive for species of Vascular plant (flowering plants, conifers, ferns and their allies) and of Bryophytes (mosses and liverworts).

http://www.theplantlist.org/

The Plant List includes 1,064,035 scientific plant names of species rank. Of these 350,699 are accepted species names.

The Plant List contains 642 plant families and 17,020 plant genera.

The status of the 1,064,035 species names, are as follows:
Status Total
◕ Accepted 350,699 33.0%
◕ Synonym 470,624 44.2%
◕ Unresolved 242,712 22.8%

Cannabaceae

The family Cannabaceae is in the major group Angiosperms (Flowering plants).

Genera in Cannabaceae

Aphananthe	
**Cannabis**	
Celtis	
Gironniera	
Humulus	
Lozanella	
Momisia	
Parasponia	
Pteroceltis	
Sponia	
Trema	
Ziziphus\\

Statistics

Species in Cannabis

The Plant List includes 14 scientific plant names of species rank for the genus Cannabis. Of these 1 are accepted species names.

The Plant List includes a further 20 scientific plant names of infraspecific rank for the genus Cannabis. We do not intend The Plant List to be complete for names of infraspecific rank. These are primarily included because names of species rank are synonyms of accepted infraspecific names.

3 Likes

Last year, I raised nearly $1,000 for a local garden club by giving them 100+/- tomato sprouts.

Going to double it this year. :imp: :tomato:

Gee, I hope they get paid.

5 Likes

The local garden club is going to get lucky this summer. I am rooting 5 Hibiscus Trees for them to sell.

This is the first cut I made.

And Momma is busy! :white_flower:

11 Likes