What Other Plants Do You Have?

I do not have any space to start any more seeds.
But I smoked my first bowl of the day…saw @Jellypowered
pepper post…the next thing I know, I am starting my leftover Early
Jalapeno seeds. Have 10 left, starting the 10, if viable should sprout in about 7 days.
Maybe. That’s how long they took last spring. Some pepper varieties seem to take forever,
especially for mother hen types…like me.

8 Likes

It’s okay! Overgrow the world…with peppers?.. Looks like you found space. lol

6 Likes

Got 2 new African Violets last week. Love these colors! More to fuss over so I can LITFA my cannabis.

My kitchen window is running out of room, but I just never seem to have too many flowers lol

10 Likes

The garden gnome left her hat by the sink! :womans_hat:

:smile:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I recently got a Maruga Scorpion plant grown from one of the pods I made last year that had been germinated then grown on over the winter. The main trunk has split and it already has a couple of little flowers on it!

Now I just need to give it enough light so it carries on flowering and once the day length gets long enough and the risk of frost is gone it will get repotted in the polytunnel.

Last year we were late in the season as we didn’t get the polytunnel up until May. This year we are hitting the ground running and as long as we can clear some beds on the new plot we should get a full crop from all the veg this year. I hope to need to clear some space in the freezer for chilli pods.

4 Likes

You guys are sure giving me spring fever!

I have this lemon tree I got almost a year ago. I pollinated l the flowers with a paintbrush last spring. It’s put in a ton of full size fruit, weighing it down pretty heavily. And they taste amazing!

It put on some huge leaves Last summer. The color changed quickly though. I think it’s pH or calmag? My water here is 7.5 and my cannabis sure likes the calmag.
I did repot it over the fall and was surprised it didn’t have much root growth. Not great soil either. It’s now in 20 gal. Of bush Dr and hydroton. I try to give it some light nutes and pH water calmag once and a while. It’s so thirsty though it gets plain water a lot

I was hoping to simulate a winter for it but it just started putting out a bunch of flowers. Probably to late for that.

6 Likes

I think you might get lucky with the slow-release citrus tree fertilizer “stakes” or spikes. They helped my orange trees. :thumbsup: Affordable too.

I’d do that and maybe a little foliar feeding with something gentler like fish or kelp stuff…even some super-thrive :smile: for the heck of it.

:v:

5 Likes

We don’t really have winter here and they grow on every block, so I think you’re good. Yay for getting fruit! I have zero opinion on growing them, I don’t even have to water my kumquat tree out back, it just does it’s own thing. lol

5 Likes

@cannabissequoia good idea on the stakes. I’ll look into it. And the super-thrive, I’ve had good luck with that on transplanted trees.
@Meesh do the lemon trees defoliate out there, or do they keep their leaves year round?
The lemons never turned yellow but they taste great and the seeds look fully developed :+1:

5 Likes

They keep them around here.

4 Likes

Does anyone know what this is? I was told it’s roots are massive. I was guessing it might be a dynamic accumulator, or at the least have silica because of the long stems. Thanks.

4 Likes

Daffodils rising

7 Likes

@MidwestMover I’d wager that’s a Yucca, but what variety I dunno :grin:

edit: I take that back… it’ somethin else, didn’t see the green stalks:

@Meesh I’m like a week behind you! :confounded: :blossom:

5 Likes

Only a few have popped up so far… got about 80 or so I’m waiting on and that’s just the daffodils! Must have planted about 6 or 700 bulbs last fall, about half are summer bloomers though.

3 Likes

Our polytunnel took offense during the recent wind.

It decided it wanted to be in a garden 100ft from where it was erected.

For a 6mx3m polytunnel it did surprisingly little damage, I have to have a look at a garage roof today but apart from that it did not hit anything between. On initial examination the tunnel seemed undamaged but corner support connectors and some poles are beyond repair. It is in the back of my car now in pieces.

So it seems, now I need a new polytunnel…

6 Likes

Boo! Hiss! Sorry! Wind Sucks!

4 Likes

Haha! Found another one!

11 Likes

Close your eyes kids. It’s time to bust out the Barry white and the paint brush! This lemon tree is ready for round two and there’s no bees in this house.

9 Likes

Getting prepped for spring:

Hatch Chili Varieties (Anaheim) arrived on deck

8 Likes

Nom Nom Nom…

5 Likes