What Other Plants Do You Have?

Blueberry,raspberry,onions, celery, an some peppers more then one kind in my veg room also ways extra going on just like I have a couple pineapples going as well

3 Likes

Peppers need warmth to germinate. I simply placed the pepper seeds in ¼ inch holes in a
small plastic flat (re purposed microwave food tray), and covered it tightly with clear plastic wrap. Once I notice the first baby breaking the soil,I remove the wrap.
I have a radiant heater in a closet that my little grow room is in. I am keeping the temperature
at around 80 F…guesstimate, as I do not have a thermometer.

7 Likes

Bummer! I’ve got some hardening off now, soon to be planted. I’ve never grown them before! Good to know that they taste good!

2 Likes

Double Tiger Lilies

Dahlias

8 Likes

…and Oxalis:grin:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Yup, been growing it all fall and winter… lol

3 Likes

I placed the seeds from which these basil plants grew, into the medium on 1/24.
They should be larger, but they were relegated to the periphery of my little lights.
Finally a sunny day here should perk them up.
Will be topping them when they regain vigor.

8 Likes

Planted a few gems from my greenhouse.
Chamomile starting to flower

Chinese Lanterns…invasive so container plant

Cosmos in the garden now

Alstromeria…bought this one

5 Likes

Well, here what is very typical and run well with this climate are the hydrangeas, very easy to cultivate and grow (at least in comparison to weed: :grin:). There are more colors available (blue, purple …) but it depends on the soil so ATM I stick with these …

10 Likes

@George Very nice Hydrangeas! Have you tried acidification on any to turn them blue?

3 Likes

Thanks, there is a plant nursery nearby which has blue ones, people buy them but when they plant them in soil they become pink :grin:, seems the man put some chemical in the pots that later on disappears. They say that if you bury some oxidated iron they turn to blue.

I have also one strange strain with non complete developed flowers and a plant which doesn’t know what color pick :smile:, it just depends on soil …

8 Likes

Looking good @George on the hydrangeas all I’v every heard about color change in these plants has to do with ph blue= acidic soils … pink to reds = more alkaline soils I like the multi colored one wonder if some grafting had been done with that one? Don’t think we’ve meet welcome to OG glad to have ya here?

4 Likes

Hi @Tinytuttle, pleased to meet you, no grafting has been made (I am also a newbie on gardening :sweat:). Perhaps I have buried some oxidated keys, I will see next spring how they look. Here I have found another pic of that plant with my mobile anti-rain platform: :smile:

And here you can see some plants from neighbors and wilderness I intend to take some cuttings to see if they change or keep the color in my soil:

I am doing some experiments on this, I have planted some cuttings in regular soil you can buy in the garden center to see if they keep the color or change:

I’ll keep you informed with the results, cheers …

10 Likes

Damn I need to go get some hydrangeas now beautiful!

5 Likes

@George What a beautiful garden! Love the cow pic!

My next door neighbor has a hydrangea bush in their front yard. I was gonna throw some soil acidifier in there to turn their’s blue, but they have that weed film stuff around the soil so I couldn’t get to it to try it.

5 Likes

@Meesh Thanks, you can try (if you don’t live in Australia :smile:) to take some cutting and put them in a pot with acid soil to see what happens, if that plant is big it will have big roots also and don’t think it is that easy to change the color, cheers …:

2 Likes

@George
Beautiful pictures…I love it all, the cow, the field-stone building… :bouquet:

These are in Aus? :sunny: I see France! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s something like that I think as it’s stems are some kind of cane.

Were you gonna turn their plant Blue with their permission or were you feeling mischievous?

1 Like

@cannabissequoia Sorry, I was just kidding, in Australia it is too late to make cuttings, this is the north coast of Spain. In France they love also Hydrangeas, they are easy to grow and reproduce, you have to trim them every year but that shouldn’t be nothing to afraid us! :smile:

2 Likes