What Other Plants Do You Have?

A few pics from around the yard…

My Shangri La… just a nice place to sit, have a coffee & a puff…

Sour Cherries… Blue Jays and Robins love them…

Bean Patch…

Blueberries…

& some grapes…

Thanks for looking…

Peace
DaFozz

13 Likes

Just picked some fresh basil for pasta sauce

5 Likes

8 Likes

Stargazer lilly

10 Likes

Iris

9 Likes

Another iris

9 Likes

Spoils from the garden…

11 Likes

Everything I have is doing pretty well with most of my stuff being in smart pots & with the soil mix I came up with. I cant believe how quickly those tomatoes filled in the 10 gallon pot when I upsized from a 5 gal.

Ive got strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes, in pots. Some of the other pots I tried carrots and beets just to see how they’ll do in pots. Speaking of beets- theres a random beet that sprouted in the garden that I just let go. You can see it in some of the pics, it’s huge!

Shallots and garlic were recently harvested from the raised bed. I seeded some lettuce, carrots, beets, and peas where they were. Pretty happy with how everything has gone this summer, gonna need to go even bigger next year with my tomatoes!

9 Likes

11 Likes

I’ve had my eye out for one of those pearl succulents. Haven’t seen one around yet. I found the one that looks like dolphins and grabbed a cutting out of my friends yard a few weeks back. It seems to be okay. I’m assuming it’s rooted as it hasn’t died yet. The pearl is a part shade plant correct?

2 Likes

Time to roast up some green chilies:

9 Likes

It’s fairing well in an Eastern windowsill. It’s about a year old freebie found on the floor at Home de Pot and rooted. :wink:

3 Likes

You got lucky! They are actually harder to come by than you think. Just an fyi… if you have pets keep them out of reach. It’s a toxic plant if ingested.

2 Likes

I think I picked the wrong cover crop… Drain to waste drains behind the shop, I thought I’d spruce it up with a GG#4 clone but the squash and pickles took over, now I have to water all of it (high desert)

Poor girl she buried.

8 Likes

One of my all time favorites… “African violet”… and once again she’s displaying her beautiful purple flowers! … Wish I could grow bud with the same color. Now, Wouldnt that be something? …

7 Likes

I too love African Violets! I have 4, one exactly like yours. I bought them because they are finicky and like attention so I can fuss with these instead of my cannabis when it needs LITFA. lol

2 Likes

They sure are Meesh… But, after you give em what they want/need, they give you a pretty reward in return…

2 Likes

Indeed! and fast! Lots of instant gratification! At least one or 2 of mine are always blooming too!

2 Likes

Way cool… Unfortunately, I know about a half dozen people who grow em, and they dont have our luck… Love that purple! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you would like a cutting I think I have a small section with some roots I could send you. Just pm me.

Edit: wife’s plant so had to clear it with HQ

1 Like