What Other Plants Do You Have?

That’s awesome! I’m so envious!

3 Likes

I moved in on 4/20 (heh), and have been occupying the basement while the upstairs was ripped to the studs in a lot of places. The beam really opened it up so my dream kitchen will look into the sun room, which looks out at a lake. The master suite is getting a new bath and walk-in closet. The entire floor gets new flooring and paint - including a fresh coat of white on the ceiling. It has been annoying at times these past 6 months - especially working from home while they bang around upstairs - but this place will be fantastic when it’s done.

I’m also “sort of” moving in with my girlfriend. She has owned this house for 20 years but rented it out the past 10 since she moved to another city 45 minutes away for work. I bought out half of the house so we co-own it now. Once she retires she’ll come back here. For now we spend weekends together and occasionally see each other during the week. It has been really nice for me to visit her since I had no kitchen at home!!!

We can’t wait to fill that sunroom with plants. We’ll also be able to have a more serious vegetable garden next year since I won’t be moving again in the spring! I have a friend in town - who also grows cannabis! - but she and her husband sell starter plants at the farmer’s market. Mostly heirloom seeds from Baker Creek (aka https://www.rareseeds.com )…

7 Likes

Okra plant sprouts first flower on rainy day

13 Likes

Most beautiful habanero I’ve ever seen.

And one of the last Morning Glory’s of the season.

13 Likes

I’m not an okra fan, so I didn’t realize how pretty the flowers were!

2 Likes

This is my first time growing and seeing the okra flower. The flower is beautiful. Okra is slimey in most dishes but can be very crisp when seasoned, battered with corn meal and deep fried.

The poor okra is growing in a one gallon nursery pot. I see ants and that indicates aphids so I am spraying with soapy water alternating with peppermint, cinnamon and BT. A lot of pests like okra.

4 Likes

Have you tried planting a bucket of Nasturtiums? Put it away from your other plants…damn aphids will flock to them. It’s a pretty sacrifice plant too. :smile:

4 Likes

Great idea! The marigolds are gone and I have several pots to replace. Might go to Lowes and get some starters. Thanks for the help

2 Likes

They are easy and fast from seed. Just file the seeds a bit.

3 Likes

Thanks! I prefer growing from seed.

3 Likes

I went to pick some peppers for an omelet and saw grenade sized poop from hornworm littered around the plant. I hosed the poop into the lawn and started searching for the perpetrator. I started at top in the missing foliage and found a hornet licking his chops.

I have been spraying the peppers and kale with soap or LABS mixed with molasses. It’s been raining almost daily but the USMC Hornets are on the job. I cut a few peppers for my omelet and thanked the little fighter pilot; it’s a blurry closeup because he never stopped moving.

10 Likes

New okra flower :blossom:

8 Likes

Re potting issue

This 13 year old Jade plant is finishing flowering, I e never pruned it and the roots are well integrated in the soil below the pot.

It’s growing well and when summer comes here nov, dec I’m sure it will flourish

Do I transplant or just leave it.

Suggestion appreciated

4 Likes

I’d either LITFA, or root a bunch of cuttings first then smash the pot and see what happens. lol

4 Likes

Okra flower

7 Likes

I am so excited for this weekend! We move into a new condo, and I’ll finally have a HUGE patio so I can grow flowers, succulents and have a container veggie garden!!!

Everyone’s pics look amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Poblano pepper continues to fruit. I foliar spray with LABS and molasses in well water to keep the hornworm caterpillars at bay.

6 Likes

Nice! I’ve got a shishito pepper plant that has kept growing for 3 years. Won’t die. I neglect it and it keeps pumping out peppers. lol I think it’s in a 5 gallon as well.

1 Like

6 Likes

Bolivian Torch

8 Likes