What Other Plants Do You Have?

oh yes i’ve heard of scopolamine… and i remember now, i had 50g of mimosa hostilis root bark but never did the extraction

Preciosas esas Orquideas, es una de mis otras pasiones

La primera foto es una Prosthechea Fragans , la segunda diria que es una Encyclia y la tercera una Brassia

He viajado para ver orquideas, Peru, Costa Rica, Mexico, Bali, Thailandia, etc.

4 Likes

have you ever grown vanilla orchids? its my understanding theyre very difficult, but then, isnt everything difficult before you know how to do it

¿Alguna vez has cultivado orquídeas de vainilla? entiendo que son muy difíciles, pero no todo es difícil antes de saber cómo hacerlo

1 Like

No es difícil cultivar las orquídeas si respetas sus necesidades, humedad, luz y Temperatura, la orquídea de la Vainilla es una enredadera, lo malo es que la flor solo dura abierta una noche ya que su polinizador es nocturno, hay varias especies de vainilla, luego mirare a ver si encuentro fotos del viaje a Bali que había un jardín lleno de ellas.

La vainilla es la vaina donde contiene las semillas, se hace fermentar y se usan las semillas para dar sabor y gusto

It is not difficult to grow orchids if you respect their needs, humidity, light and temperature, the vanilla orchid is a vine, the bad thing is that the flower only lasts one night since its pollinator is nocturnal, there are several species of vanilla, then I will look to see if I find pictures of the trip to Bali that there was a garden full of them.

The vanilla is the pod where it contains the seeds, it is fermented and the seeds are used to flavor and taste

6 Likes

Tengo otras aún sin floriar, apenas florescan las publico para que me digas que genero o clasificacion le das,:grin: yo soy novato en orquideas y he recogido algunas desde hace 2 años mas o menos, mas que todo por gusto de mi madre jeje aunque yo disfruto cuidarlas tambien.
saludos!:+1:

1 Like

Sera un placer ayudarte
Te dejo el link de esta enciclopedia que es de las mejores y mas completas, trae solo especies botánicas y que necesidades requieren

https://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=en&u=http://www.orchidspecies.com/&prev=search

Tienes una buene web para distraerte y disfrutar de las fotos, hay verdaderas maravillas.

2 Likes

Muchas gracias por la informacion.:grin:

1 Like

If my friend brings the tepezcohuite I´ll ask him if we can make a tutorial to show how to extract the DMT

4 Likes

I love growing veges. I’ve got corn, brocolli, onion, tomato, leek and carrot in at the moment and a variety of herbs; basil, mint, thyme, oregano, parsely. I’ve just planted about 20 or so fruit trees; pears, apples, peaches but they are basically sticks at the moment so I’ll be waiting a few years before any decent fruit comes from it.

2 Likes

You are in a warmer climate.

Love the pics.

I have to wait for summer time again.

11 Likes

In Canada, it’s allowed to grow ‘somniferum’ poppies for ornamental purposes. They are actually quite beautiful. My mom wanted these for her front garden. This variety is native to Southeastern Europe and Western Asia. The seeds are very durable too, these have been sitting in an open cup in my garage for almost 10 years.

13 Likes

Hey, @Scissor-Hanz; these “adormideras” or “amapolas de opio” (or very similares) grows wild in same remotes parts of my area. Of course, the red “non narcotic amapola” is the more común.
Ya can find handmade opium from these wild narcotic “amapolas” if ya know where to ask…

2 Likes

Fruit trees love deep rich soil, facing slightly to the south and lots and lots of good food.

They’ll be getting all the chicken manure and vermicompost my little wormies can process :smiley: Might need to start another bin now that I think about it…

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to grow one of these for years.
Been keeping my eye open for some “beans”, think I’ve finally sourced some. :+1:
Ricinus communis (Castor bean plant)

11 Likes

That is something.

Like the shape of those leaves. Hmmm…

1 Like

I got all ya need. Red or purple?
I had about 12 of them last season that all went about 15 feet. Quite the conversation piece for walkers going by. One plant will give you all the seed you need for years to come.
:wink:

5 Likes

Man I have lots of these things. Not even worried about it. If you have a full sun spot you can grow them near 20 foot in a season if you can keep them wet enough. They are super cool.

I’m mostly in to Japanese maples and conifers now a days just due to the ease of caring for them. I do like unique stuff though.
:slight_smile:
I am zone 6B

3 Likes

Sorely tempted, but my garden is filling too fast already.

Got a baby that got crushed by snow in the massive snow storms a few years back. Slowly recovering.

Love to see them in bloom @Scissor-Hanz

1 Like

I can send you some landrace seeds of those. they grow everywhere here. There are some that purple more than others also.

2 Likes