What’s the better LED light to use? Advise Needed

It should be fine but you will need good air flow to keep it cool, hard to tell without testing

2 Likes

Agreed. Super important. I have a light that heats up to 60C but with a dedicated fan it drops to 40C which is much more reasonable.

3 Likes

What is that Stiggy? My temp never goes above 85. It’s usually around 70 in the winter time

Hello @Zoey
Read please.

1 Like

I understand I find it is better to use honey when dealing with flies
See what they say, they did this to a friend who had burnout diodes on a 300 model
They said yes it was their fault but he needed to pay the postage there and return and then they would fix it.
The shipping for him was almost the price of new light.

2 Likes

Yeah. I will bash them everyday if they try to make me pay for anything. I refuse to pay for people’s mistakes. :sob:. I’m gonna need some of your photoshopping skills to go head to head with mars lol

2 Likes

The diodes can not handles the heat load and expire, burnout.
I am sure they are aware of the temps this is happening at, the newer lights are supposably made with newer diodes
I am not sure as I will never ever buy another Mars myself after learning to build Qboards

3 Likes

Water cooled system 20 charactors

1 Like

If I had the money to build. I would have. Unfortunately I went with a company that I thought had great lights and great customer service (talking to you @Zoey ).

1 Like

Very cool that you built that on your own. Do you just leave that on top of the light and plugged it in?

Try asking nicely at 1st, I find if people are still buying their lights in a forum they will help you if not
They tend to dump and run on to the next forum.
See what they say, they left a bad taste in my mouth, but others may say different.
I will always give them at least a chance to make it right before bashing them

Sometimes shit goes wrong. What’s more important is how they deal with things that do go wrong.

2 Likes

I always believe being nice first. I want to treat people how I expect to be treated. So they made a mistake with my light. They are a good company in my eyes. But Stiggy I’m disabled and have nothing better to do with my time. I will sign up to every forum and follow them. I’m very determined to get this resolved and enjoy my @Zoey grow.

2 Likes

I would take the pwer supply out of trhat junk and build a new one with LED strips.

Check out this thread Cheap LED Strips : A Viable Alternative using the power supply you could build one for less than $80 probably that would be a real equivalent to a 600W HPS.

6 Likes

Problems is nothing is marked and there could be 2 or more drivers inside , How can we know what they are able to drive? I think my 1600 Mars has 5 drivers can not remember right now with out opening it up.

3 Likes

Now I am wondering What I can do with my drivers in my 1600 and how to figure out how many power strips I could run off each driver, I have meters just not sure what needs to be measured to figure how many leds per driver etc…

2 Likes

Once you know what each driver uses for volts, watts and amps, it can be worked out, I have seen some of Mr Sparkles posts on that link I added into my last post, where he has worked out for people the amount of LEDs they could use for a driver, robbed out of a blurple light, I have one myself which I am going to cannibalize shortly.

2 Likes

I would end up electrocuting myself. LoL

I did not get any return emails from them, I decided before going forward, I emailed lemonadejoe  to see how I should approach his sponsor.  I don’t want to cause any issues. Just want it repaired, or replaced like the warranty states.
1 Like

Dog Like I said earlier ask the rep in a private message they just may suprise you, you are doing nothing wrong
Mars has fixed many of said lights for free in the past, see what they say. But now wait to see what Lemonaide Joe suggests, I forgot they were a sponsor here.,
I grew decent plants for my own use with my 1600 until diodes started to burn out, Mars is well aware of the diode problem search the web you will see.
Peace Bro, hope you are feeling better

1 Like

Oh I forgot to say then all your problems would be over LOL
Yes please do not work with electricity if you never have before without proper guidance.

2 Likes

I followed your advise. :grin:
I’m waiting till Monday to give them time to read any emails. The rep for mars, has not come back online since I asked him what to do. I followed up with Joe and I’m going to take action out of principle. I’m going to shoot you an email.

3 Likes