What’s the better LED light to use? Advise Needed

Ok guys the moment is coming to set up my 2x2x55 tent.

I have a question on what light to use for the grow.

My friend bought me a phlizon 600w
He said it’s better than the one I have- my only issue with it. Is that it is a smaller size than the mars on that I have. (Is that a big difference)

I also have a mars hydro I think it’s a 450watt but I do not know how to tell. I emailed @Zoey since it’s not even 3yrs old and has over 10 bulbs out burnt out. :sob: (Mars customer service has never replied back to help me fix the light or send me a light board) not cool. But it’s big and would fix nicely in the tent. I plan on 4 plants.
I wish mars reads this and maybe will help me fix the issue since I would like to use that one because I think it’s stronger since it’s bigger? Am I wrong?

So if your a noob

1 Like

Dog Yes that is a Mars 450 older version from the looks
Talk to the Mars Rep we have here in own Forum, They should be able to send you the diodes needed to fix or have you send it in for repairs, Most of the older Mars lights had problems with the old diodes due to heat burnout
important to keep the tent below 80degs and even cooler the better for them I have found out.
Mars 450w is roughly little over 200 watts maybe 225actual wall watts.
Problem is its a Burple light, the new diodes are almost all white , people have found white to grow better.

You should look into building one of the quantum board lights yourself if you are handy (not hard)
Tons of info on the other site you watch.

5 Likes

Oh an according to the label on the 1st LED the 600w is a model number only
Look at the actual wattage from wall 108W Half of the Mars

4 Likes

So the mars one is better for the 2x2?
I messaged mars. He said “what happened to those lights”. I explained it’s not even 2 yrs old And wanted replacement nodes or light board. And he went silent on me. @Zoey
Hoping to hear from them and they honor to the warranty. It would be nice :+1:

1 Like

That the BS they pull and why people resort to bashing them in their forums being the squeeky wheel so to say
Have you talked to their rep here?
They know what happened , half of all their older mars lights did this, didode and drivers were burning out right and left,
People suck

2 Likes

My 1600 looks just like yours about 8 diodes burned out but drivers still working
I kept mine extra cool and it still happened maybe if I installed this it would last

2 Likes

Yes I talked to him. He was writing back non stop and when I asked him what can be done. He ghosted me. I’m giving him rest of the day. I don’t like to bash a company. Hoping don’t have to resort to this and they will do the right thing.

3 Likes

It should be fine but you will need good air flow to keep it cool, hard to tell without testing

2 Likes

Agreed. Super important. I have a light that heats up to 60C but with a dedicated fan it drops to 40C which is much more reasonable.

3 Likes

What is that Stiggy? My temp never goes above 85. It’s usually around 70 in the winter time

Hello @Zoey
Read please.

1 Like

I understand I find it is better to use honey when dealing with flies
See what they say, they did this to a friend who had burnout diodes on a 300 model
They said yes it was their fault but he needed to pay the postage there and return and then they would fix it.
The shipping for him was almost the price of new light.

2 Likes

Yeah. I will bash them everyday if they try to make me pay for anything. I refuse to pay for people’s mistakes. :sob:. I’m gonna need some of your photoshopping skills to go head to head with mars lol

2 Likes

The diodes can not handles the heat load and expire, burnout.
I am sure they are aware of the temps this is happening at, the newer lights are supposably made with newer diodes
I am not sure as I will never ever buy another Mars myself after learning to build Qboards

3 Likes

Water cooled system 20 charactors

1 Like

If I had the money to build. I would have. Unfortunately I went with a company that I thought had great lights and great customer service (talking to you @Zoey ).

1 Like

Very cool that you built that on your own. Do you just leave that on top of the light and plugged it in?

Try asking nicely at 1st, I find if people are still buying their lights in a forum they will help you if not
They tend to dump and run on to the next forum.
See what they say, they left a bad taste in my mouth, but others may say different.
I will always give them at least a chance to make it right before bashing them

Sometimes shit goes wrong. What’s more important is how they deal with things that do go wrong.

2 Likes

I always believe being nice first. I want to treat people how I expect to be treated. So they made a mistake with my light. They are a good company in my eyes. But Stiggy I’m disabled and have nothing better to do with my time. I will sign up to every forum and follow them. I’m very determined to get this resolved and enjoy my @Zoey grow.

2 Likes

I would take the pwer supply out of trhat junk and build a new one with LED strips.

Check out this thread Cheap LED Strips : A Viable Alternative using the power supply you could build one for less than $80 probably that would be a real equivalent to a 600W HPS.

6 Likes