What’s the better LED light to use? Advise Needed

Problems is nothing is marked and there could be 2 or more drivers inside , How can we know what they are able to drive? I think my 1600 Mars has 5 drivers can not remember right now with out opening it up.

3 Likes

Now I am wondering What I can do with my drivers in my 1600 and how to figure out how many power strips I could run off each driver, I have meters just not sure what needs to be measured to figure how many leds per driver etc…

2 Likes

Once you know what each driver uses for volts, watts and amps, it can be worked out, I have seen some of Mr Sparkles posts on that link I added into my last post, where he has worked out for people the amount of LEDs they could use for a driver, robbed out of a blurple light, I have one myself which I am going to cannibalize shortly.

2 Likes

I would end up electrocuting myself. LoL

I did not get any return emails from them, I decided before going forward, I emailed lemonadejoe  to see how I should approach his sponsor.  I don’t want to cause any issues. Just want it repaired, or replaced like the warranty states.
1 Like

Dog Like I said earlier ask the rep in a private message they just may suprise you, you are doing nothing wrong
Mars has fixed many of said lights for free in the past, see what they say. But now wait to see what Lemonaide Joe suggests, I forgot they were a sponsor here.,
I grew decent plants for my own use with my 1600 until diodes started to burn out, Mars is well aware of the diode problem search the web you will see.
Peace Bro, hope you are feeling better

1 Like

Oh I forgot to say then all your problems would be over LOL
Yes please do not work with electricity if you never have before without proper guidance.

2 Likes

I followed your advise. :grin:
I’m waiting till Monday to give them time to read any emails. The rep for mars, has not come back online since I asked him what to do. I followed up with Joe and I’m going to take action out of principle. I’m going to shoot you an email.

3 Likes