What’s your favorite brand of rolling papers and why?

Lou Malnatis
Portillos - Chicago dog, Italian beef (dipped with sweet and hot peppers)
Giordanos
Edwardos
Cubs game
Sox game
Frank Lloyd Wright tour (Oak Park)
Millenium Park (especially for Blues Fest)

4 Likes

I miss the Randy’s with the small wire so I can smoke it before school and not smell like a roach back in the days of high school and I remember when they were pulled because they were considered paraphernalia so I still have about 8 packs left that I keep forgetting about LoL so thanks for helping me remember that :joy: The Doc

8 Likes

I just wish that zigzags would come with cut corners still and I don’t know y but they stopped selling them but yet they have the package with the cardboard corners cut and I guess you’re supposed to cut the corners yourself lol and I use element rice papers now

and the back

8 Likes

OCB and then some cheap ones if I’m out.

1 Like

That’s what I do, I usually do it by the box lol like how I was selling packs of Randy’s to friends back when I was home visiting with family and friends years ago and I always have a box of zig zags or elements and I have been buying the 300 count packs if they won’t sell a box and I have some packs of flavored rolling papers that I have never used and have never liked the flavored papers … Also I changed my water in the cup and things are going good for conditions and the rest is up to mother nature and time but I have 3 in regular cup of water and 2 in a peat/vermiculite and perlite mix in a 1 gallon mini bubbler and that way I have 2 methods trying out and I will see how it works out for me and figure out what method works best for me and I’m comfortable with and no rooting hormones either just RO water

1 Like

I used to work at the CBOT & CME and lived in Little Italy on Taylor street…

1 Like

I was talking to one of my buddies in the suburbs a couple weeks ago…he laments the day Portillo’s was sold. He claims he hasn’t had a decent Italian Beef there since the sale went through. Meat quality has really fallen off, to the point where the last italian beef he had a couple months back had tough, flavorless, DRY meat, even though the sandwich was dripping.

To keep this on topic, I’m an Elements guy.

3 Likes

Vibes for big joints and less paper taste, and RAW 300’s for personals, so I get 300 papers in a pack and don’t run out

1 Like

Interesting. Portillos isn’t the best by a long shot (for dogs and beef), but it’s one of the most popular and well-known. I would typically choose Luke’s or Johnnies over Portillos.

Honestly, any small, dodgy looking dog/beef joint is going to give you superior food. For instance, Max’s on Adams and Wabash in the loop, or Parky’s on Harlem in Forest Park.

Also, to remain on topic…the reason I choose RAW is I like the brand and the owner, as well as what he stands for. I like the renewable, hemp-based plastics they use in their products. I also like the all-natural hemp papers and the wide array of products they offer.

4 Likes

Zig zag orange although km not picky
I just can’t roll a giant one with out folding it back and doubling it up.

1 Like

I also lived I in Oak Park River Forest area too…a mob town

1 Like

I smoke with a rubber glove on every day before work. Lol

4 Likes

A great neighborhood. My wife grew up in Oak Park. Went to school with the son of one of the Spilotro brothers. She remembers coming to school after his father was murdered (and buried in a corn field).

2 Likes

Lords hemp and glueless or Elements rice paper and thin

2 Likes

When I smoked joints, it was zig zag al the way at a 100 pack for about a dollar.

I think there are a lot of both Canadians and Americans here (and English speakers from all over the world too!). Could we talk about which place you are in and the cost of rolling papers where you are?

I seem to recall there being a large discrepancy in rolling paper pricing between the two countries but that was two or three decades ago. I wonder, is it like that now? It would be interesting to see if and how it has changed.

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread. Please move it if it is too unrelated. It seems like adding the cost to the brand would be an expansion on the original topic.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of zigzag I prefer there ultra thin but will use the classic orange pack too

2 Likes

I miss italian beef so bad…

there’s only one place in town here where I can get it and the owner HATES me.
He’s one of those old guys who just runs a business so his friends have a place to hang out, and he hates getting new customers.
nosoup
No italian beef for you!

5 Likes

I was using Bamboo brand rolling papers, they went up $13 so im switching to something different.

Depends on what’s available and I do tend to get them by the box.

Still like the old untra thin zig zags when I can get them and raw is a good stand by. Elements are decent as well.

2 Likes