RAW Lawsuit, bad for business

Anyone hear about the legal trouble RAW papers are in?

-They made a fake charity. The foundation it “donates to” does not exist.
-Claims that papers are made in Spain are false
-Claims that they are unrefined papers are false
-Claims that that Raw organic hemp rolling papers are made in eco-friendly and 100% wind powered facilities are false

Deceptive trade and marketing practices and engaging in unfair business practices.

The January 31, 2023 court ruling forbids HBI International from marketing or stating any of the following:

• That HBI and/or RAW® contributes its funds or proceeds to a charitable entity/foundation dubbed the “RAW Foundation”
  • That RAW® Organic Hemp rolling papers are “unrefined”
  • That RAW® Organic Hemp rolling paper adhesives are made from natural hemp gum
  • That RAW® Organic Hemp rolling papers are the world’s first or only organic (or organic hemp) rolling papers
  • That RAW® Organic Hemp rolling papers are made in Alcoy, Spain
  • That HBI International shall not include a packaging “stamp” using the word Alcoy or referring to Alcoy
  • That RAW® Organic Hemp rolling papers utilize wind power
  • That RAW® Organic Hemp rolling papers are made from the center of hemp stalks
  • That HBI or its founder Joshua Kesselmen invented rolling paper pre-rolled cones
  • That OCB® Organic Hemp papers are knock-offs, “RAWnabees,” copies, or fake versions of RAW® rolling papers
51 Likes

Never use them anyway , but still surprised

7 Likes

Damn wtf that’s crazy

3 Likes

They’re made from apple cores and old Chinese newspapers.

30 Likes

:joy::joy: the old Chinese newspaper part

5 Likes

Oooooooo, I work in a paper mill… the amount of chemicals used in paper is disgusting. That aside, it’s the lying and poor business practices that have lost me as a customer for life. I’m a zig zag white man, at least I KNOW what I’m putting in my body with them, lol

22 Likes

I’ve used them a few times I don’t prefer papers though makes it snow ashes everywhere. I use their roller faithfully however

1 Like

Does your paper mill smell like ass too? I’m just curious do they all smell the same

9 Likes

:joy: !!

I wouldn’t have thought that!

With marketing, anything is possible :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Oh yeah sometime it just REEKS of sewage

6 Likes

In this day and age, you will always get caught. Better to build a c9mpany on solid foundations and trust

7 Likes

I just don’t understand how they smell so bad. First time I drove by one it stunk the whole highway up

3 Likes

I’ve used them and have some cone as well
Oh yeah
This too

Paps

21 Likes

Damn gotta get the dog a new fit now

6 Likes

Yeah looks that way
Lol​:rofl::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy:

I read this the other day and I’ve seen his ig adds
He always seems shady in a bad way

4 Likes

The creation of pulp that stinks, that and the reuse of recycled water. It takes more water to make paper than almost any other industry on the planet. We use close to 20 million gallons if water per day and are the biggest electricity user in canada

12 Likes

That jacket is RAWsome

4 Likes

Hats off to anyone still burnin wish I could hit joints… old baby lungs over here(me) has had asthma since I hit this planet. Vaporizers were the best discovery for me… before that it was strictly the bongs.

shame to hear about raw though always did dig the branding.

10 Likes

I smoked bongs when I was younger, but since I quit smoking cigarettes around 8 years ago I smoke primarily joints. I do have a dab rig that gets used once or twice every month or two, but not often. I DO use my 3 hole hash pipe quite often.

3 Likes

Same here in Maine. Lincoln, Maine was/is a “Paper Mill town”. was referred to as “Stinking Lincoln” for decades. With the 90’s downturn in the Paper Industry, they’re hanging on by a thread. At one time, I do believe 8 out of 10 jobs were once related to the production of Paper. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes