Midwest Growers Unite

Dang, I had no idea anything was going on in town! What was the name of it?

Due to climate changes and increasingly warmer temperatures, this map of Illinois growing zones is based on the revised USDA planting zones made in 2012.

3 Likes

I remember when they did that. I was already changing my spring planting habits before I saw that they changed it just because of how nature was talking to me…

1 Like

First grow ever!!!

13 Likes

Looks great for a 1st. timer…

2 Likes

I was in the city the other day and almost went to brew and grow…Instead I went back to my old neighborhood Little Italy on Taylor street…

We lived on the 2nd. floor of th his building above in 1969-74.
The next 3 pix are businesses that are still there today.

I stopped at a buddy’s place and picked up 4 brand spanking new tires for $50 each, I couldn’t pass it up…They fell off a back of a truck…:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

10 Likes

7 Likes

What is that? It’s very pretty.

2 Likes

I’m not quite sure, that’s an old picture from 2009 or older…I’m finally starting to get my pictures back from an old group I was in…here’s another old one and this is Airbournes G13…as you can see I pushed the nutes on this one…

6 Likes

Happy Easter to my Midwest bromigos…

5 Likes

Happy Easter to all my growmies.
Wow @PhilCuisine you are always throwing up some beautiful plant pics… I’m almost envious of your photo skills…

1 Like

I use to be into photography back in the day before digital…I had the best Nikon camera then…here is something I used back then too…when I had 1K veg/flower rooms I had these on my doors so I had no light pollution in my grow rooms…it’s like a zigzag thing to keep lights out of the dark rooms…keeping it simple and no overthinking folks…it made my rooms much cooler because the doors would be always open…

5 Likes

That’s a cool area. I wish I lived in the city at some point in my life, but now I couldn’t handle it. I hung out all over a whole lot cause I always had friends with places around, a bunch in Pilsen, Ukrainian Village, Lincoln Square, Bridgeport. All over really. Now I just want somewhere I can homestead a good hour outside anything major. Lots of changes going on in life right now so we’ll see where the wind blows me

3 Likes

We moved outa Little Italy in 1974 and moved straight west to Oak Park/River Forest area, mob towns…I went to school with Spillotro bros. kids and Anthony Accardo’s grand kids, I actually knew and met Mr. Accardo back in the day…I still have tons of friends from OPRF area and was a great town to grow up in…

5 Likes

cool it’s nice to see all the midwest growers on here

2 Likes

Been to the Patio and the Italian Ice joint! As well as a bunch of other places on Taylor.

1 Like

Hey @nesman321 Welcome to OG, how about you try and stop by here.

Say hi and get to meet and maybe know some of the most awesome people in growing around.

1 Like

Have you been here?

2 Likes

Certainly have not. Will have to check it out next time I’m down there. Looks awesome. Been a few years for sure.

1 Like

It gonna be some beautiful days coming to the midwest…I’m also gonna be putting out my plants outside for my outdoor grows…the best part of this week will be grilling/smoking/cooking outside…

Outdoor grillers/smokers/cookers unite

6 Likes