What strains smell like strong incense, regular seeds

I’m looking for a strain that smells like incense that is available in regular seeds thats reliable, iv smoked incensey strains before and love them but never had one with a name attached to it, I know some people say some phenos of mr nice ssh has the incense phenos but they’re rare apparently and the ssh I’m use to isn’t what I’m looking for. so I’m looking for something else that will give me that incense smell and taste

6 Likes

Never have I come across a strain that actually tastes incensey; but this sounds neat.

Closest (but not helpful) experience was when I used to rub a little bit of nag champa onto the edge of a filter for a joint so once you were about to kill it you’d taste nag champa a toke before it’d spark the filter; which was the que to stop. :laughing:

7 Likes

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

The white widow smells like weed/incense/feet. :rofl:

Edit - in a good way :joy:

4 Likes

A lot of hazes and haze crosses have the incense aroma when burned. I love it also and when I catch a whiff, it immediately turns my head. If you want to join the search for the holy grail of Piff, a Haze derivative, check out this thread:

Piff has the incense, floral, musky smell/taste. I have yet to try any of the mentioned strains and breeders in that thread, but there’s a common agreement that these guys have been able to find very similar phenos to the original.

Old school Blue Dream used to have the incense smell when burned, but the Blueberry taste. I really miss that stuff. The bud labeled as Blue Dream now is typically not the same.

7 Likes

I grew a Northern Lights leaning pheno of Northern Skunk from PeakseedsBC. Pure incense smell and taste. Even hours later, the smell would linger in the room after smoking.

9 Likes

OOooooooolder ones(pre-OG Kush) & hazes, but I know there’s more. North Africa & India seem like candidates too. (need the older members to chime in here).

honorable @Calyxander & venerable @oleskool830 have few peers here(that’s a compliment and a joke :neutral_face: )

:evergreen_tree: :sweat_drops:

8 Likes

This strain called Jamaican Dream had straight Sandlewood/incense terps. No sweetness at all

6 Likes

Completely agree with CannaSequoia Master Kush used to, but haven’t come across that range since the late 90s. Still chasing that flavor.

3 Likes

This piff haze sounds interesting, does it have anything to do with topdawg ? I remember a friend running his pifftown haze ? or something along those line. Currently closest strain i have to incense is a incensey clone of ssh. Half tempted to run kali mist to see what thats like but piff is definetly on the list now

3 Likes

Flo for sure smells like what you want

4 Likes

Yes, sir. From what folks’ say, Top Dawg and Piff Coast Farms are your best options. The NYC haze varieties were the tits in the early 2000’s man. Piff has such a uniqueness to it from the smell to the look to the smoke. I’m waiting for an opportunity to pick up some gear from one, or both, of these breeders, but they tend to get snatched up quickly when dropped.

Kali Mist is a great strain. Takes me back. Only thing I don’t like about it is the structure (kinda spiny, almost like natural foxtails). Tag me if you post a grow✌🏻

3 Likes

Is there legit Flo around?

1 Like

pricey by overgrow standard but yes https://dcseedexchange.com/product/the-original-flo-f5-13-regular-seeds/

4 Likes

Wow! Actual Dj Short Flo! You’re really tempting me here @PetalPowerseed. Thank you for posting this.

4 Likes

Purple lemonade x Nympho taste like potpourri.

3 Likes

Definetly the NY Piff or uptown brown. You can also try Bandaid Haze ix 3.0 created by Doc D.
He took took the original bandaid f1 #7 which was piff and crossed it to A5Haze/Thai bx
You may have a small hunt, but ive heard 1 in ever 4 or 5 should definitely give you a piff terp.
Its basically the original NY Piff

This is direct from Doc when I asked him about Piff

"hey my friend…

the Cuban Black Haze x a5 haze/thai was made by my friend bodhi… I selected and shared a cut that was later dubbed, “bandaid haze.”

i took the bandaid haze f1 no.7 cut and began to incross this mom with other siblings from the same genotype. the current offering of bandaid haze ix 3.0 in long form is: bandaid haze f1 no.7 x bandaid haze f1 no.7 x a5 haze/thai bx.

the current offering has both soapy/floral phenos but the best keepers have the musky piff and fresh tobacco/bandaid type smells. "

Vernal and others have told me to find the shorter flowering phenos as these are the Piff ones Im looking for.

But Bandaid Haze is easy to find and inexpensive.
Or you can try from Piff Coast Farms if he has it in stock as others have said.

7 Likes

Solid post👍🏻

5 Likes

I guess its different stroke for the structure, i love me some foxtails. Pretty much anything with big bracts spiralling up :drooling_face: think im going to cross a kali mist male after i flower some out to the incensey ssh cut i have a see what happens in the off spring. Looks like ill have to do some looking around for piff seeds, is there any reliable piff seeds in stock anywhere, im in the UK so not sure where best to look. Nothing on neptune and piff coasts website looks like they don’t have any piffs listed at the moment but very interested

3 Likes

Doc D still had the Bandaid Haze on his mailing list this month, low stock though.

@vernal, may have some F2s on the low-low.

5 Likes

3 Likes