What the hell happened? To much lifta?

Ok I’ve made myself only check the girls every 3 days. Last check they were perfect and now this

The worst plant that res got up to 7.6 pH the other is still at 5.6
Nutes are GH flora series with armor si and calmagic, using same mix as the last time I grew these except I bumped up the liquid Koolbloom by 2ml/gal.
Week 4 since flip.

4 Likes

When I see cupped up leaves first wonder is heat stress, are lights too close? :sunglasses:

1 Like

One grew through the panel and didn’t look like this was perfect. Lights are roughly 12-16" from canopy depending on which top. They stretched way more than anticipated so can’t raise lights anymore.

Not all have cupped leaves and what’s odd is I have taller colas perfectly fine

1 Like

Too much LITFA?

yes, check often

do things (water,Fertilize,etc) to them every three days IMHO

be safe and stay free

Dequilo

1 Like

Looks like big calcium deficiency and maybe some mag too with the taco’ing. If PH was too high that would explain it.

3 Likes

Ah I see you’re using koolbloom, that actually can cause the calcium lockout by itself. Would maybe turn that back down a bit if your PH is right and accurate.

2 Likes

Ph was all fucked up. Going to drain, fill with straight water and drain then refill with soup

4 Likes

Looks like the onset of toxic salts buildup to me.

Not much you can do to fix it other than lower your ppm by half to slow it’s progress and use lower ppm for the next round. Made worse by low RH and high heat levels. Minerals in tap water also adds to it.

The plants generally don’t show any signs of it until about mid-flower then it rears it’s ugly head and starts burning up the leaves. I’ve had it happen often enough to recognize it when I see it.

Not a total loss but you might find the buds have a ‘chemmy’ taste when smoked.

:peace:

6 Likes

Fuck haven’t been draining the res as they have been emptying it in 5 days. Think flushing the roots with just water will help? Give them a few days in just plain water?

2 Likes

The salts are already built up in the leaves and plain water may reverse the flow and kill your plants so I’d just remove half the nutes and top up with RO water to reduce the ppm. Might still want to have some epsom salts for the sulfur and Mg but no extra N or P. Bit of K helps the buds plump up but there’s likely plenty enough stored in the leaves so I wouldn’t worry about that.

I get it really easy here because our RH is really low most of the year and the plants pull up too much nutes with all the extra water they drink. That gets stored in the leaves until it becomes toxic and then the leaves start to fry from the inside. Unlike regular nute burn it happens all over the leaf surface and not along the margins and tips.

Plain water will not reduce the amount of salts already in the leaves. You can try but what can happen is the plant starts reversing it’s water flow due to the reduced osmosis pressure and looks like it’s dying of thirst.

Just like this one here. I had let it reveg sitting in the old nutes for a couple months then drained and flushed it overnight with RO water. Next day looked like that so added nutes to about 500ppm and sprayed the leaves 3X/day with water. She finally came around but about a third of it died. Got a great yield from the rest of it tho.

I think you’re best to reduce ppm like I mentioned and just see it through.

:peace:

7 Likes

If its DWC and you wanna flush you shouldn’t need to flush for longer than 12 hours really tops. I’ve done an hour with water+florakleen and was like brand new again.

I do personally see a massive nutrient uptake drop around week 4ish, sometimes in week 5, the last 3 runs of doing DWC. For instance, they go from wanting ~1.4 EC to wanting like ~0.7 EC damn near overnight. And it keeps wanting to drop fairly big after that. Haven’t seen a single nute chart reflect that :confused:

1 Like

Dump the snake oil (bud enhancers), just stick to the base and Si.

Old grow grown with just the GH 3 part and a 600 watt light

4 Likes

The last time I ran these they kept wanting more but I was also draining and rinsing the roots every 7 days also. I’ll flush with pH water and the flora kleen for an hour and then put them back on an earlier flower feed chart and drop the liquid Koolbloom. Should I cut the amount of silica (armor si) and calmagic?

2 Likes

Definitely don’t drop the calimagic, done that and not fun. Can probably keep using silica until week 7 or so. I haven’t really noticed anything with that. My bet is still the liquid koolbloom was locking out your calcium, I literally just had that myself like a week or two ago and had to up my calmag and lower the koolbloom.

2 Likes

You should cut out the flushing and ditch the FloraKleen. I’ve done about 50 DWC tubs and never once rinsed and almost always go the while grow without ever changing the nutes once. I do try to drain and change the nutes after the stretch so I can switch to Lucas Formula type feeding. Not at the 4/8 mix they say but just using twice as much Bloom as Micro and no Grow at all. Need to cut back on the P after the stretch too and Big Bud is good for that as it’s 0-15-35, 10%S, 20 aminos and a couple of acids like citric and ascorbic, (vit. C).

I feed a half dose of BB a week before flipping to 12/12 and the other half at the flip. Then half doses until about the end of week 5. Huge difference over waiting until the end of week 3 before adding a bloom booster. Whoever came up with that probably doesn’t feed seedlings for two weeks in soilless too.

3 Likes

This guy fucks.

Could you write a comprehensible sentence please?

That shit literally makes no sense. I like to fuck women if that’s what you meant.

1 Like

That is a complete sentence.

I guess you don’t watch Silicon Valley, or interact with younger people, or use the internet. I’m literally agreeing with you about just using the base nutrients. Nevermind lol, no one “called you gay”, settle down.

2 Likes

Dude it was a compliment. It means good job or you’re right

3 Likes

:rofl: No I don’t watch the show and all the “young kids” (looks in the mirror and sees a millennial) around me don’t use that.

I would have understood it better if you just said I fucks with this guy.

The fucking chicks part was a joke ( I do tho, so dont get me wrong lol).

I didn’t reply with anger, I was more confused then anything :rofl:

1 Like